I'm In French Immersion..

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
NunchakuSteve
Veteran

I'm In French Immersion..

Post by NunchakuSteve »

This means since grade 7, I do all my classes in French.

Except English :P

It's easy...but mayeb thats why my grades fall a bit..?
xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Re: I'm In French Immersion..

Post by xxwhereisfredxx »

I'm in that too...but i've been in it since i was 4

guess you're in LATE french immersion!!!

oh well, french is cool...and we get some cool trips outta bein in french immersion...have you ever gone anywhere with it?!?!?!
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

Kristina
Veteran

Post by Kristina »

shessh i would be a failure if i did that
There's always someone cooler than you
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

I have never enjoyed the immersion approach of teaching languages. I do not do as well in an immersion setting. I know, because I learned German not as an immersion type, but I am learning French with immersion. I don't like it.

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
NunchakuSteve
Veteran

Post by NunchakuSteve »

It's not that bad..I'm quite good in it for being a dumb kid..

and yeah we're goin to Quebec in May!!
She
Veteran

Post by She »

Wow, that sucks so bad... I'd shoot myself... not really, but you know. :P

Ugh. That sounds like a godaweful way to teach languages that could only really hurt grades in other classes.. like, if you're bad at picking up new languages your math grade would suffer. And that's not fair because you might be a damn prodegy in math but you can't get the french straight. Ugh.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
NunchakuSteve
Veteran

Post by NunchakuSteve »

Yea I know what you mean...but it's jsut that I cant decyphper the math
xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx »

uhm, being in french immersion has never affected my other classes! i still do good in all the sciences and math and shit. Most french immersion students do good in everything cause they're still smart enough to be in immersion! lol
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

DreamPixie
Veteran

Post by DreamPixie »

I was in German immersion when I started kindergarten, and it would have been a really awesome program except the school had just opened and I had 5 teachers before christmas, none of the teachers were certified to teach- they were only hired because they spoke fluent german, and the school was all the way across town. My spanish class for the past 2 years has been immersion though, and it helps me learn much better than just a regular classroom setting, because I speak less and listen more. I can't speak Spanish very well in my opinion, but I can read and listen to spanish and understand it.
~The best thing about being happy is thinking that you will never be unhappy again.

~Life's too short to be anything but happy.

~I<3Mike.
NunchakuSteve
Veteran

Post by NunchakuSteve »

Yeah...we're alwyas the smart ones