Is It True?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Brad
Veteran

Re: Is It True?

Post by Brad »

Though most would spout the cliche "a woman can do everything a man can do" I would like to point out that women cannot piss standing up.

Now then.

Men and women are not the same. Generally either can do good at any jobs, but some are more suited to women, some for men.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
emotionalcutie
Veteran

Post by emotionalcutie »

No, there aren't really girl and guy jobs! ITs just that some are dominated mostly by one sex but that doesn't mean that people of the other sex can't do them aswell. If you like construction then go for it!
*KT*

*Give Into The Sweet Temptation*

<span style="color:royal blue"-::SMIRRRRRNOFFF::-

**chit-chat**
xolilsk8rchicaxo
Veteran

Post by xolilsk8rchicaxo »

yes they may be more suited to a certain sex because of physical deamnds and such, but there are certainly some women who could do that type of stuff. for once i agree completely with brad.
Men and women are not the same. Generally either can do good at any jobs, but some are more suited to women, some for men.
that just about sums it all up right there.
I've found a reason for me

To change who I used to be

A reason to start over new

and the reason is you

I've found a reason to show

A side of me you didn't know

A reason for all that I do

And the reason is you
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

There is no job a female can't do just like theres no job that a Male can't do. Parents live in the old times way of thinking. My father is convenced all I can be is a homemaker and a teacher. *rolls eyes* Why I can't stand my parents....
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
pineTREE
Loyal

Post by pineTREE »

Originally posted by emotionalcutie@Jan 28 2004, 02:45 PM

No, there aren't really girl and guy jobs! ITs just that some are dominated mostly by one sex but that doesn't mean that people of the other sex can't do them aswell. If you like construction then go for it!
im with u :)
Leandra:so ill wear ur clothes and u wear mine and we can switch in skool.

Me: but we do get to keep our own underwear rite?

Leandra: um no, we havta trade those too.

Me: well, ill make sure to wear my grodiest underwear that day.

Leandra: yea ill wear the ones i havent washed for 3 weeks.

Me:ur supposed to wash ur underwear?

Leandra: well ur supposed to, but i dont

Me:o ok then. DEAL.
B_Lo
Loyal

Post by B_Lo »

thre are certain jobs that have been named man and womens jobs...but the sex can be changed, you just usually see girls duin certain things and guys in another
Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given, than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossibloe is not a fact, it's an option/ Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary

Impossible is nothing- Muhammad Ali
Sovek
Loyal

Post by Sovek »

Its just like with playing the flute, Mostly girls play the flute for some odd reason instead of guys.
Flush the Johns, Vote republican

<span style=\'color:BLUE\' Ten out of ten terrorist support John F'in Kerry for president

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Its funny you say that Sovek, my mom wanted me to play an instrament and i wanted to play the flute, but she told me i couldn't, so she dropped that idea of me being in the band...

But mabey thats because i am gay that i wanted to play the flute, but i have always been fasinated w/ the flute!
Abbi
Veteran

Post by Abbi »

We are equal, we can do anything a man can do. Nothing is impossible.
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair...
dragonangel(ash)
Loyal

Post by dragonangel(ash) »

o.k., i think both can do the sae jobs. really i don't see shy we (woen) are told that "its a man job.......its a mans world....deal with it.." gerrrrrrr :furious: ...thats just makes me madd. If you want to do it then do it....... yeah there might be a good and bad side of it but you know what, things change...time change and you never know...a women might have to do a "mans job"........ I think if you give a male or female a chance with out the sexist rules....they can do it. at least a chance.... wow just because we have breast,give birth, etc. doesn't mean we are totally worthless. sorry if i'm offeneding anyone and no i don't have really anything against guys...it's just i hate this sexist junk..... everyone thinks and looks at things different and hey if you take all those ideas.....you never know we might be in a better world.....
we are offered many paths in our lifes that can lead us sometimes to happyness .....but to get there, we must go not stand and wait for someone to take it for us.

bird go poof, goblin go splat!!!!!!

http://www.chat.webrpg.com
Abbi
Veteran

Post by Abbi »

"It's a womans world, men just live in it." :D

:P
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair...
trucks
Loyal

Post by trucks »

i'm going to say this. i've met more girls that think they are better than guys than guys who think they're better that girls. we are all the same. yes some jobs are suited for guys and some are for girls.. look at cave men and other animals. the male works and gathers food and does all the tough physical and the women takes care of the young. but times are different. i havent met a girl who if they put their mine to it can do a "so called mans job" but you girls think that oh we couldnt handle some of your stuff. your wrong. girls to me are so sexist or as least of what i have seen