I'm Feeling So Lost

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
__leftcoastenvy
Loyal

I'm Feeling So Lost

Post by __leftcoastenvy »

i'm only in 9th grade, but in the past 9 years i've been to 5 schools, and havent stayed at any for more than 2 years. the school i'm at right now would be the first place i've stayed for over 2 years (i'm in my 3rd year right now). i've always had behavorial problems in school, mostly stemming from my disregard of authority and my add/adhd. i started on medication last year, but didnt take it this school year because it was making me sick. for the first time, i've been having academic problems this year in school. we just got our exam grades and semester grades, and i've done poorly in every class. all my teachers told me how much potentional i have that i'm not using, and my mom said the same thing when i told her. now she says we need to have a serious talk about my schooling issues. she thinks my current school is the right place for me, and i love all the social aspects but hate the academics. i want to try an alternative school, but i'm scared to leave behind my friends. i know that if i leave my school it'll have a VERY negative effect on my getting into a good college. but i also know that if i keep failing i'm not going to get into a good school either. maybe i'm just not right for conventional schooling, but i need to find a way out without ruining my future. any suggestions?
It wasn't paradise...

but it was home

I don't remember when it all changed.

When it went from love to pleasant conversations.

I just want to be someone's little girl again.
faith
Veteran

Re: I'm Feeling So Lost

Post by faith »

so the meds that u were on made u sick? well u should go to ur med doc and see if there are any other ones that may work. keep ur head up and like they said u have high potential u just need to apply urself
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
B_Lo
Loyal

Re: I'm Feeling So Lost

Post by B_Lo »

try diff types of medication and also work on stuff witha partner, thats what boosted my grades...i still did work but the other person makes sure we both have quality stuff on hand
Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given, than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossibloe is not a fact, it's an option/ Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary

Impossible is nothing- Muhammad Ali