'nother Computer Question

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Trapped
Veteran

'nother Computer Question

Post by Trapped »

What do I do about the Xs in place of pictures?
It's the little things that make a big difference.

In case you hadn't noticed...4-letter words:

love - hate - true - life

"And there are voices

That want to be heard

So much to mention

But you can't find the words"

--Listen to Your Heart, DHT

I can't erase myself, but I can try to move on.
Kiyotie
Veteran

Re: 'nother Computer Question

Post by Kiyotie »

You need to change the URL to the photo. That means that the link either doesn't exist, is broken, or the server is down.
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

My library teacher said that you can't do anything about it...its the computer headquarters issue, like they either took it off of the server or they are having technical difficulties...
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~@Jan 28 2004, 08:40 PM

My library teacher said that you can't do anything about it...its the computer headquarters issue, like they either took it off of the server or they are having technical difficulties...
The red X on a picture means one of 2 things:

Either the image you have linked to is no longer existing with that specific name (either deleted, renamed or moved to a different directory)

OR

The website has enabled the "No Hotlinking" option (if they know how). What hotlinking does is it prevents the direct linking of the types of files they specify from any other website other than their own. Such an example is Tripod webspace. You can link to an image on Tripod inside the Support Groups, however when someone views it, it will show the Tripod logo instead of your picture because you are linking to it from another site.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.