Grrr

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
pmfman
Veteran

Grrr

Post by pmfman »

my psychiatrist asked me if i was on drugs :furious:
"we have troubles all around us, but we are not defeated" - Corinthians

"only two things are infinate, the universe and stupidity" - Albert Einstein

"People standing on escalators are a testimony to human lazyness" - Christ Novolestic

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are" - Kurt Cobain

"Just because your paraniod it dosnt mean there not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"Peddle the ass that god gave you, buy nitrous" - Dave Ghrol
emotionalcutie
Veteran

Re: Grrr

Post by emotionalcutie »

I saw a phychiatrist once...they asked me that too, I lied and said no because I wasn't sure if they could tell your parents...they can't so no point lying to them rite?

What did you say to them?
*KT*

*Give Into The Sweet Temptation*

<span style="color:royal blue"-::SMIRRRRRNOFFF::-

**chit-chat**
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

I think it is something that they have to ask...like you go to the docter they ask you if you have had sex, drink, do drugs, etc. Its just percedure. Dont talk it offensive.
Lisa
Loyal

Post by Lisa »

Originally posted by pmfman@Feb 2 2004, 05:13 PM

my psychiatrist asked me if i was on drugs :furious:

are you ? cause mine asked me and i said no she still made me have a drug test

<_<
Being gay doesn't make you any more or less of a person, it's who you are and you can't help loving whom you love. -Jess

Life
B_Lo
Loyal

Post by B_Lo »

i think they ask everyone that so they can figure out if your problems are self induced or from an outer force
Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given, than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossibloe is not a fact, it's an option/ Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary

Impossible is nothing- Muhammad Ali
pmfman
Veteran

Post by pmfman »

ive gone there before because of my medication. usually about every 3 months. i said how i felt about social activity and hee acused mee of going on drugs
"we have troubles all around us, but we are not defeated" - Corinthians

"only two things are infinate, the universe and stupidity" - Albert Einstein

"People standing on escalators are a testimony to human lazyness" - Christ Novolestic

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are" - Kurt Cobain

"Just because your paraniod it dosnt mean there not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"Peddle the ass that god gave you, buy nitrous" - Dave Ghrol
Abbi
Veteran

Post by Abbi »

It's..uh...part of your therapists job to ask you stuff like that... :blink:
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair...
adume
Loyal

Post by adume »

xXSecretlyxSinningXx
Loyal

Post by xXSecretlyxSinningXx »

When my exboyfriend went to the doctors to be put on anti-depressants his doctor asked him a bunch of questions about drugs and drinking. He even asked my exboyfriend if he had sex with a man before. My exboyfriend got all red and said no. Then the doctor asked him if he thought there was anything wrong with two men having sex and my exboyfriend said no.

...kinda creeped him out alittle..

I wouldn't pay attention to what they say...just ignore em or lie to them...either one.
Abbi
Veteran

Post by Abbi »

Thats bad advice. If you really need help, you should tell them the truth, or they can't help you.
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair...
Apathy's Priestess
Loyal

Post by Apathy's Priestess »

Therapists don't do anything. I'm still myself, and I've seen seven of them.
maybe.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Originally posted by Apathy's Priestess@Feb 10 2004, 09:52 PM

Well if you try to let the therapists do there job they can help. They are there for you to open up to and then they can help you. They aren't physic and know whats wrong w/ you. *I feel this way because my mother is a counsler which is close to a therapist*...
Apathy's Priestess
Loyal

Post by Apathy's Priestess »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~+Feb 11 2004, 03:44 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (~*~AiM_uSeR~*~ @ Feb 11 2004, 03:44 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-Apathy's Priestess@Feb 10 2004, 09:52 PM

Well if you try to let the therapists do there job they can help. They are there for you to open up to and then they can help you. They aren't physic and know whats wrong w/ you. *I feel this way because my mother is a counsler which is close to a therapist*...[/b][/quote]

I've opened up to some of them, but I don't really feel as comforable talking to them as I do with my diary (well, I don't TALK to my diary, but ya know). I take them as people who my family is paying to listen to my reasons of why I am sad all of the time.
maybe.
Evan
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Evan »

Originally posted by pmfman@Feb 3 2004, 04:45 AM

ive gone there before because of my medication. usually about every 3 months. i said how i felt about social activity and hee acused mee of going on drugs

The guy you whoo gave me a fucking lecture over one fucking cigaret it surely not on drugs......... :lol:
my 2 cents.....
xXSecretlyxSinningXx
Loyal

Post by xXSecretlyxSinningXx »

Originally posted by Abbi@Feb 10 2004, 06:44 PM

Thats bad advice. If you really need help, you should tell them the truth, or they can't help you.

I only meant that if he felt very uncomfortable about what the doctor was asking he could lie...and hopefully tell the truth when he feels more comfortable.

I personally would just tell the truth because there most be a reason why they ask the questions they do.
Abbi
Veteran

Post by Abbi »

Originally posted by Apathy's Priestess@Feb 10 2004, 05:52 PM

In your case they didn't. Maybe you were so caught up in being convinced that they couldn't help, that you wouldn't let them in. It has helped many..
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Originally posted by Abbi+Feb 12 2004, 11:12 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Abbi @ Feb 12 2004, 11:12 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-Apathy's Priestess@Feb 10 2004, 05:52 PM

In your case they didn't. Maybe you were so caught up in being convinced that they couldn't help, that you wouldn't let them in. It has helped many..[/b][/quote]

Exactly. I've been to ... -thinks- ... at least 12 different counselers/phychiatriststs/therapists and guess what? Only TWO have ever actually helped me. One of those is the man I'm with right now, and the other was an in-home type of counselor named Nicole whom I LOVED! Now I can have no contact with her, though, since I'm "getting better." What an incentive, huh? Well my point is, stick with therapists, they really do work if you open up.

-sob- I miss Nicole... :'(
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.