Speech Class

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
callisto85
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Speech Class

Post by callisto85 »

I'm not sure if this is where it belongs, but does anyone have tips for public speaking. I have to read this speech to my class on thursday and I'm really shy and turn red the minute the teacher calls my name. I hate it because I get so embarrassed. Last year the teacher had me stand in a box so I wouldnt fidgit so much :bag: it was horrible. Any advice? :)
Adnama
Veteran

Re: Speech Class

Post by Adnama »

Well, don't figit so much.

Concentrate. Concentrate on what you're reading, and how your pronouncing it. Think about each and every word as you say it. If you're busy concentrating hard enough on the speech, you won't have time to worry about any one else.

Don't figit, stand up stright, look at people -if you can-, but if that makes you more nervous then screw that for now, just stare at the paper. Make sure you speek loud and project your voice.
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

memorize as much as u can and know when ur reading so if u get lost u dont have to look down and find it. also look at ur audience and TALK SLOW! good luck!
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

callisto,

The best thing you can do is just get through it! It'll be over soon enough. Then you won't have to do it any more! Everyone has some public speaking problems, some people's are just worse than others. No one likes speaking publically, trust me. You're not alone.
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
dragonangel(ash)
Loyal

Post by dragonangel(ash) »

try praticing in front of a mirrior or in front of family and then pratice about 5-8 times and then that day just go and don't look straight at the students...look over their heads at the window or at their foreheads. Talk slowly and try to be nice and loud, Make sure you speak clearly and stay calm. good luck :D
we are offered many paths in our lifes that can lead us sometimes to happyness .....but to get there, we must go not stand and wait for someone to take it for us.

bird go poof, goblin go splat!!!!!!

http://www.chat.webrpg.com