Do You Skip?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Kiyotie
Veteran

Do You Skip?

Post by Kiyotie »

Just wondering who here skips school...
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
Kiyotie
Veteran

Re: Do You Skip?

Post by Kiyotie »

I've discovered this way to skip school without anyone knowing (by writting a note "from my mom" and getting a pass to get out at the beginning of the day and walking home because I live close to the school) But the thing is, I don't really know why I do it. Usually in the morning I decide I'm going to do it because I'm so tired, but I don't think that's the real reason. I don't know...I guess I just want some risk in my life or something. Like when I'm walking home from doing it I'll just be thinking "why did I do this?" and I can't really find a reason! There's nothing especially great about being home, just NOT being at school...Ack I'm so confused! :shy:
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

iHEAVENn2
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn2 »

i think everyone goes through that.

maybe you just dont like regular school? if you want you should try talkin to your parents about home studies. try that for a little while then see which one you like best. cause you cant miss alot of school or youll fall way behind.
Once in a lifetime, you find the one you really love.

For now and forever, one love that never ends.

Once in a lifetime, when every star that lights the sky.

Will shine with one reason, leading your heart to the one love you find.

Just once in your life..

Once in a lifetime, you find the one you really love.

For now and forever, one love that never ends.

Just once in a lifetime...

Soda tart!!

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.
emotionalcutie
Veteran

Post by emotionalcutie »

I used to skip school all the time..but I dont anymore, I got kicked out of my old school for that now at my new school I only have one chance really so I'm not going to risk it.
*KT*

*Give Into The Sweet Temptation*

<span style="color:royal blue"-::SMIRRRRRNOFFF::-

**chit-chat**
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Yea, but at my school we get no more than 5 days of unnexcused absenses so I find myself like using them all up lol

flavaoftheweak
Veteran

Post by flavaoftheweak »

i dont skip school because they call your house if your absent and i dont skip class because if it shows up you had been there before in the day on the computers you get a referal, unless of course you had a note out or whatever.
lets unwravel the egde of time...

without the bad times, the good times wouldnt be so sweet.

BAOF!

its the little things people say that make your whole day worthwile...
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

but i sure think about it alot!!
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

what are u doing when u get home? nothing? hun its only u ur hurting. ur the one getting screwed over for it@ the ppl at school arent dumb. theyll figure it out sooner or later. they will its their job. and u know how much work ur missing? youll never be able to make it up! hun this affects collgege and everything.i think u need to think about what ur doing.
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

No! My mom has to like force me to stay home from school. One time when i was really sick i wanted to go to school and mum was like "If you go to school, you will be grounded for 3 weeks...which means no internet" I tried to complain, but i ended up staying home.

I don't know why you would want to skip.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

***Merging w/ other topic***
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Originally posted by faith@Feb 6 2004, 03:29 PM

what are u doing when u get home? nothing? hun its only u ur hurting. ur the one getting screwed over for it@ the ppl at school arent dumb. theyll figure it out sooner or later. they will its their job. and u know how much work ur missing? youll never be able to make it up! hun this affects collgege and everything.i think u need to think about what ur doing.
Honestly I don't think they'll find out. I mean, my school consists of over 2,500 kids. I doubt they'll notice 5 absences on my report card, and I doubt even more that they'll care. And at my school they don't call home unless you're called in sick, but not if you "have a note" to get out early.

And yes, basically I sit home and do nothing but eat and watch TV. I don't know why I do it. I just hate being at school, and I love missing it...

night
Loyal

Post by night »

I have never skipped before. Mostly because our town is small and there isn't anywhere to go if you skip. But also because I think that keeping my grades up is important, and I can't keep em up if i'm not there.
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

I have skipped. But I'm in university. So It doesnt really count. Except you get really behind, really fast. Like, i skipped one day and fell asleep in the class the other, and i missed an entire empire. Which is a verrry bad thing. Also, classes are expensive. It's $14/hour for a class. Thats pretty expensive. I've only missed a few, once because i was REALLY tired, like, i couldnt move, once because i was hungover/drunk (long story),3 becaue i was genuinely sick, and 3 because of business in other areas. I think i'm doing pretty good for not skipping though.

In high school...I never did it. Too big of a risk. In university, its your mark.
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

ΔΦ of ΔΚΕ #981 Class of 2004

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill
MattMan
Veteran

Post by MattMan »

i skip occasionally when i really dont want to go, but yeah theres nothing to do in this little hick-town so im pretty bored if i skip just to skip