Singing..

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Nikki
Veteran

Singing..

Post by Nikki »

Just wanted to know.. Do you think you can ever learn to sing in tune and not fail? Or can you only be born with it and it'll never change? :unsure:

It's just.. it has always been my dream to sing, but I had to forget it coz I always failed.. But now, so many people say that I sing very good and such.. Just today 3 people asked me if I sang in some band and why not..

It's just.. there's no easy way to say goodbye to your dream.. Maybe I still have some hope inside... :unsure:
God kicked in the head so I started a fight, coz I knew I was right! But I learned I was wrong...
TimeMachine9906
Loyal

Re: Singing..

Post by TimeMachine9906 »

I belive everyone and anyone can sing, theyre diffrent genres of music, so people sing diffrently. Its just a matter if you embrace it. Vocal Teachers dont really teach you to sing, but merely teach you how to breath correctly, so you can use you're talent. But yeah I think people are born with the Apollo (God of Music) touch. :D

See, i can sing good, but it is a rare soprano only 2% of the world can sing as high and soft as I can. And theyre all in choirs of some sort. so right now im...looking...up choirs lol. Dont say good-bye due to the hello of rejection, embrace the rejection to push you to try harder.
So Let's Find A Bar

So Dark We Forget Who We Are

And All The Scars From The

Nevers And Maybes Die
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

Definitely hun! Hey, if you're able to, somehow record a song for me on the computer and send it to me. I'd love to hear you. Told by someone actually in a band, the people who think they can't sing, are the people who don't notice how good they actually are at it. :) And I bet it's gorgeous.

-Samantha
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

TimeMachine9906
Loyal

Post by TimeMachine9906 »

yeah, and I actually have ALOT of connections with the music world, i would be glad to help you.
So Let's Find A Bar

So Dark We Forget Who We Are

And All The Scars From The

Nevers And Maybes Die
Nikki
Veteran

Post by Nikki »

wow.. [img]style_emoticons/default/blushing.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='blushing.gif' / thank you

I have a couple of songs I just registered ( a few minutes ago)..

Do you have MSN?
God kicked in the head so I started a fight, coz I knew I was right! But I learned I was wrong...
silent_tears
Loyal

Post by silent_tears »

TimeMachine, I LOVE that song. :D Anyway, back to the subject at hand here... Yes, vocal coaches and stuff really just work with you on breathing and support. And I know how you feel... I, myself, love to sing. I've had tons of people tell me that I've got a great voice, but there's just a couple of problems:

1.) I have terrible stagefright, which is a big issue.

2.) I'm scared of failure. But then again, everyone is afraid of failure, which is what you're dealing with right now. Failure is a tough thing to deal with.

But the way I see it... if you don't try, then how do you know if you're gonna fail or not? You've got to attempt it.

:shy: Hmm... now I seem like the hypocrite. I should be doing what I'm telling you to do. :) Anyway... I've you have a gift, express it.
Because of you, I'm a broken shell of the person that I used to be...
Nikki
Veteran

Post by Nikki »

oops..
Nikki
Veteran

Post by Nikki »

there's that girl.. she said she's gonna sing in a band and she pruposed me to try and sing with them? :shy:? Do you think I should go for it?

edit: wrong smiley
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

I think you're born with it, you can just learn how to bring that talent out.

That's just like I don't believe in art classes in school because they always grade you on how well you can draw, like they're trying to teach you how to draw, when in fact I believe that's something that can never be taught.
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
sktwirler
Loyal

Post by sktwirler »

A lot of people are born with the ability to sing really well, basically coming natural. But ANYONE can do what they want. So if you want to sing then sing. Take singing lessons do anything to get yourself experience and to make your dream come true. DO NOT give up. Go forward with what you want. Goodluck! You can always succeed with anything if you just put your mind, heart and soul into it.
~*~I'm lost to those I thought were friends. To everyone I know.~*~

~*~Some people are just not meant to be in your life no matter how much you want them to be.~*~
Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh »

go for the thing with the band! If it doesn't work out, then it doesn't work out. But you'll be kicking yourself if you never try.. good luck!
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"