Standing For The Pledge

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
nevermindmylife
Loyal

Re: Standing For The Pledge

Post by nevermindmylife »

I live in Canada, and we have to stand to the national anthem every morning.. but, I don't know... I like it... and I know most ppl I know like it, or have nothing against it...

don't get me wrong...

but maybe it's because Canadians are prouder to be Canadians than Americans are proud to be Americans (I know this is probably gonna start a fight, but I am sorry... that's just the impression I have received)... I am NOT saying that Americans are not proud to be Americans... but, well, it's like this... when ever I have gone to America and seen sports games or anything and the American anthem is down, ppl will cheer/clap a little and then sit down for the game.... Canadians, on the other hand, will cheer and rock the place and go nuts for our anthem (especially if we are going against an American team :) )cuz we are all so proud to be Canadian...

but yeah..

getting back to the point..

i.m.o. I would be totally upset if they got rid of the national anthem in the morning... I mean.. I listened to it to 13 years of my life, and never once did I get bored of it, or did I not want to stand up, or did it lose its meaning in anyway...

for all I know, this might just be me... but I am pretty sure there are tons of Canadians that would at least partly agree with me

<span style=\'color:red\'be sure to stay strong

for hope is always coming right along

i_need_help

Re: Standing For The Pledge

Post by i_need_help »

I don't say the pledge and i get shit for it, but i dont say it because i think it is the stupidest way to honor the armed forces i mean c'mon there are ppl dying for us and people just say these lines that they have memorized. I think if u want to show u care for ur country or the armed forces say thanx when u see one that alone will make their day!
"In Hollywood you're damned if you're to skinny and you're damned if you're too fat. So I think we should all give up trying!" ~Jennifer Aniston on the media

"Of course I need to feel a physical attraction to the man I date, but when it all comes down to it his personality will remain the same but orgasms won't last forever." ~Courteney Cox on being single

"It was 5:30 in the morning and you had rambled on for 18 pages.........FRONT AND BACK!" ~Ross Geller from 'Friends'