The Joy Luck Club

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
clovers88
Loyal

The Joy Luck Club

Post by clovers88 »

I need to compare and contrast Jing-mei (June) Woo and Waverly Jong in the book joy luck club. We have to include similarities and differences that had to do with things they said, did, and their relationships with their mothers. But every time I write something it always ends up with talking about their rival and not what I'm supposed to talk about. Can any one help me? (If you read the book and can compare Jing-mei Woo to a diff. character I could do that instead)

thanks in advance,

Clovers
why live when there is nothing to live for

why love when no one will love you

why need when you will get nothing

why be when you can't be seen
dragonangel(ash)
Loyal

Re: The Joy Luck Club

Post by dragonangel(ash) »

sorry i only watched part of the movie but never read th book but you can talk about how the women grew up in a life of abuse,hate,etc. they were used as objects not partners. they did not have a choice and for many of the families to get by they had to sell their daughters. This is all I can remember.
we are offered many paths in our lifes that can lead us sometimes to happyness .....but to get there, we must go not stand and wait for someone to take it for us.

bird go poof, goblin go splat!!!!!!

http://www.chat.webrpg.com