Skipping A Grade

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Michy
Loyal

Skipping A Grade

Post by Michy »

Alright, I havnt been to school for half of the year, due to having chemotherapy after being diagnosed with ewings sarcoma. my school is kinda set up oddly, in the fact that they will place you in whatever grade classes you need to be in to help you learn at a pace that is right or you. I am a 7th grader and am currently taking all 8th and 9th grade courses, though they havnt officially had me 'skip a grade', as i still have supposedly one year left in the middle school, and for not being at the school for half a year, i was shocked when i got in the mail a letter inviting parents to come and learn about the freshman courses at the schools high school [though i wont be going there if this is the case, it is a great middle schoool, but the high school isnt that great] and so my parents and i are thinking that this means that they are going to bump me up a grade, im not sure i am ready i mean, going right rom the 7th grade into the 9th, i mean, woa. i know i am smart, and they wouldnt be doing this if i wasnt, and that most of my riends are 8thgraders now, and i we end up going to the same school next year that i will be in thier classes, and that would be awsome!. but at the same time, i dont think i am emotionally ready for high school, i mean, i am already have always been one of the youngest people in my grade, but then skipping a grade, i would be about a year and a hal younger than everyone! i dunno, i just felt like i need to vent and let everything out.
feel the chemicals going to your head

even if its from something light

get that high sensation all over again

go on, go after it again

dont do to much crap though

dont need a bad trip now do we

if the ocean was weed and I was a duck, id swim to the bottom and smoke my way up, but the ocean aint weed nor am I a duck, so pass the bong and shut the fuck up

Wheretogo
Veteran

Re: Skipping A Grade

Post by Wheretogo »

u know whut, talk to ur parents. do whut ever is going to help u succeed. looking back i wish i was held back a grade. im smart but i just wasnt ready to move on i wasnt emoitionally ready. so if u feel like u r not ready it usually means that u really arent ready. good luck
Why give up, why give in?

It's not enough, it never is.

So I will go on until
the end.

We've become desolate.

It's not enough, it never
is.

But I will go on until the end.

I've lost my way.

I've lost my way, but I will go on until the end.

Living is
hard enough

Without you fucking up.

Until The End - Breaking Benjamin