I Have Resigned

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Kiyotie
Veteran

I Have Resigned

Post by Kiyotie »

I am resigning from all moderative activities. I will still be an active poster here to give help.

Before you make too much commotion with all your whoops and ecstatic cries of joy, let me finish this letter. I supposed I should say I've enjoyed my time working as a supermod for the past year or so, but that would be a lie. The helping part has been wonderful (as it should be). I have learned a lot through being able to give people advice and help when things get out of hand. I was honored to be chosen as a supermod, and I don't care what everyone else thinks - I know I did my job well. I first applied as a mod because I thought I would get a chance to make a slight difference...and that has been true, until that difference started to be negative in my case.

The whole system of warnings has gotten out of control. In MY opinion, Mods that should be warned are not being warned, and mods that shouldn't be warned are (and no, I'm not talking about me). Sometimes I think the admins must be absolutely insane to keep some certain people as mods after what they've done. But if that's the way this site is going to be run, then I don't want to be a part of it.

People here are under such a false impression of thinking they can know someone through a website, and therefore can judge them because of it. Most people think of me here as a "power hungry bitch." To all of you: you don't know me personally. Don't you dare even think you do. You can never know me until you meet me in real life and learn to grow up and respect the person I am - kind, funny, and sweet. The list of people I hate here has gotten too long compared to the list of people I love (you know who you are :wub:). And I can't remain a mod if that's the case.

I'm NOT quitting because of people calling me "power hungry." If being called power hungry (as well as other names) is what I got from doing my job, then so be it. You people need to learn to appreciate someone for what they try to do to help out.

To those of you who have stood by me and given me support through everything, thank you so much!! I love you and will always be here for you, too. I hope you understand what I'm saying, that I no longer want anything to do with the politics of this site as I see it.

Holly

PS - Evan, I hope you're still with us! Talk to me if you need anything. :hug:

***Edited for breaking teenhelp rules***
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
OverDrive
Veteran

Re: I Have Resigned

Post by OverDrive »

Moved back from out of sight, (moved so that we had time to remove the phrases/words that broke rules. The main content of her post is still in tact)
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
dragonangel(ash)
Loyal

Post by dragonangel(ash) »

i'm, sorry you had to leave us :'( . I never got the chance to meet you and I hope everything works ou for ya. I do agree there are some (just a few) that should be warned but they also do a good job at their form. i'm sorry that everything didn't work. PM me anytime. -ash
we are offered many paths in our lifes that can lead us sometimes to happyness .....but to get there, we must go not stand and wait for someone to take it for us.

bird go poof, goblin go splat!!!!!!

http://www.chat.webrpg.com
iHEAVENn2
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn2 »

bummer.

but eh i still love ya :)
Once in a lifetime, you find the one you really love.

For now and forever, one love that never ends.

Once in a lifetime, when every star that lights the sky.

Will shine with one reason, leading your heart to the one love you find.

Just once in your life..

Once in a lifetime, you find the one you really love.

For now and forever, one love that never ends.

Just once in a lifetime...

Soda tart!!

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Holly, having read your letter...I have some things that need a rebut.

I'm NOT quitting because of people calling me "power hungry." If being called power hungry (as well as other names) is what I got from doing my job, then so be it. You people need to learn to appreciate someone for what they try to do to help out.
We called you power hungry because you never seemed to respect the rules or sometimes it even seemed that you thought you were above the rules. Generally arrogant when it came to even admitting that you had done something wrong. "No, no, I only did that because they did this and that" or "I really don't agree with that warning so I don't deserve it, anyway." Attitudes like that neither get you farther and more than piss off those around you.

Most of all, you have been removed from the TeenHelp staff because of power abuse once in the past. At that time it was only for a month because we figured that you could change and that being suspended from your status as a super moderator would serve as a wake up call. Regrettably we were wrong in that assumption. Less than a week ago a fellow moderator closed one of your topics because it had become too argumentative in nature. Less than 10 minutes later you reopened the topic because you thought there was nothing wrong with "your topic.?

We had been looking at the prospect of removing you from the TeenHelp staff. There are several reasons behind this. Two of which I have already discussed, therefore, I won't waste your time or my own discussing them again. No, no, that would be redundant, wouldn't it..?! Moving right along, the next thing that comes to mind is confrontations. I told you several times that you were on watch and I?ve contacted you many times in the past via instant messenger of some sort or through site personal messages notifying you of questionable actions that you?ve made in the past. Yet, despite the efforts, things would get better for a while then you'd go back to what you did before.

Originally posted by Kiyotie@Feb 19 2004, 09:17 AM

The whole system of warnings has gotten out of control. In MY opinion, Mods that should be warned are not being warned, and mods that shouldn't be warned are (and no, I'm not talking about me). Sometimes I think the admins must be absolutely insane to keep some certain people as mods after what they've done. But if that's the way this site is going to be run, then I don't want to be a part of it.
The warning system on TeenHelp, while not perfect, does the job quite well. As with any system it is not perfect. How can any system designed by mankind be perfect while mankind as a whole is not perfect? A terrific quote comes to mind. "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams. While this quote is not completely accurate for TeenHelp, since you?re not a fool and certainly no one else here is a fool. It does ring true on the point that making a perfect system should not be the goal of any organization, but rather to make the best with what you have.

Yes, there are flaws in the warning system. Yes it is subject to error. We try to compensate for those flaws by reviewing every warning that is issued. By setting forth clear and concise rules that govern the issuing of moderative warnings to members and staff alike. Part of what you speak of is that staff members are held to a different standard than members. Perhaps you are correct. Maybe that shouldn?t be true. That can change with time, but it will require crafting new regulations which is time-consuming. Instead of giving up and saying ?I resign?? how about you instead give some constructive advice. I don?t see this happening. No system can be become better unless people are willing to speak their minds and give suggestions.

We have always been open to such suggestions.

I don?t really find this a good reason to have resigned, but I?m not you, Holly.

I?m not you.

Originally posted by Kiyotie@Feb 19 2004, 09:17 AM

People here are under such a false impression of thinking they can know someone through a website, and therefore can judge them because of it. Most people think of me here as a "power hungry bitch." To all of you: you don't know me personally. Don't you dare even think you do. You can never know me until you meet me in real life and learn to grow up and respect the person I am - kind, funny, and sweet. The list of people I hate here has gotten too long compared to the list of people I love (you know who you are :wub:). And I can't remain a mod if that's the case.
First, I agree somewhat with the false impression and they do sometimes judge. But that is by no means exclusive to TeenHelp. This kind of thing occurs every moment of every day to everyone. Yes, it?s somewhat sad and can get very tiring but we?re all human and we are all subject to the same fatal flaws. You?re right, I don?t ?know you,? the ?real you,? however I would like to think that through the many months that we have been on staff together that I have learned a great deal about your method of doing things; your way of thinking, so to speak.

In that time I have discovered many things that I like about you?and some that I don?t. As with any interactions between two or more people, this sort of thing will always happen and does. We never usually think about this sort of thing unless it conflicts with our way of doing things and/or becomes an obstacle we don?t wish to have. This is how I judge you, whether it?s by the fatal flaw inherent to humans or by my own nature?this is how I judge you and your worth. Just as everyone in this world does to each other! Whether we admit it or not, we do this. It is unfortunate, as I said, but a reality.

I will miss you, don?t get me wrong there. I will indeed miss you. You are a valuable asset to TeenHelp and you are a very helpful person. I?m not saying you?re not. I am saying that the administration, through much consideration, decided that however much help you give to the members of TeenHelp, you were still tipping on the bad side of the proverbial scale. In fact, I hope that you don't leave TeenHelp. A lot of members past and present have benefited or will benefit from your willingness to give your help. I know you and I may not have the best record with each other, for I?ve had to do things as an administrator and you as the staff member I am trying to discipline, but I would like to reconcile these differences if at all possible.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh »

:sadbye:

Its okay- I hope maybe some day you'll come back and be on the staff again, but really, whatever makes you happy :)
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet »

Grr... just plain grr. I think a staff meeting in which all staff members are present is in order, just to "discuss" everything. Whatever those meetings are in chat aren't really what's it. Just a little chat amongst staff would be nice. Just my thoughts.

Sorry you felt the need to resign... tis a sad sad thing.
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Thank you everyone :)

Skye, I would have appreciated it if you would stop bringing up all that mess in my peaceful topic.

And everyone - there was MORE reason than that that I quit, but it was removed to hide it.
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Originally posted by Kiyotie@Feb 20 2004, 07:24 AM

And everyone - there was MORE reason than that that I quit, but it was removed to hide it.

It was removed due to blatent disregard for the rules
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Originally posted by OverDrive+Feb 20 2004, 06:26 AM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (OverDrive @ Feb 20 2004, 06:26 AM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-Kiyotie@Feb 20 2004, 07:24 AM

It was removed due to blatent disregard for the rules[/b][/quote]

Whatever you say, OD

OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Just a lookover of the origional post (which is in the admin forum where no one but admins can see)

General rules

And I didn't even warn you for them.

On another note, I agree to what Skye wrote, for the generalized information and not directly related to her and your's relationship.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

It'll be weird not having you on staff :blink:

See you around Kiy =]
I wish I were a spy.
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Originally posted by Kiyotie+Feb 20 2004, 05:30 AM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Kiyotie @ Feb 20 2004, 05:30 AM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by OverDrive@Feb 20 2004, 06:26 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Kiyotie
@Feb 20 2004, 07:24 AM

It was removed due to blatent disregard for the rules
Whatever you say, OD[/b][/quote]

The topic violated many rules in many ways and it was edited like any other members. There is no coverup here, Holly, only your "letter of resignation" that was treated as any members topic. You're nothing special here. Your topics, my topics, everyones' topics are subject to the same rules.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Soul
Loyal

Post by Soul »

Well, toodles.

I agree with Skye, I have read some of your posts and yeah, you are pretty annoying, arrogant, all that jazz. That's just me though.

<3 Jessica
I had the notion that you'd make me forget the world...But your undecisive mind shows me that you are "just another guyl"...I had the feeling that those looks you gave me were real...What if I ripped your heart apart at the seams maybe then you'd know how I feel...

But that day will most likely never come for me

And it's just my luck to end up getting stuck

... to everything you are...

<...The Spill Canvas...
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Love ya too :)

Breathe_In_For_Luck7
Veteran

Post by Breathe_In_For_Luck7 »

Sometimes I thought you were in the wrong, but not a whole lot. You did a lot of help.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Bye Kiy!

Glad that you stayed around and didn't leave 100%!

Hope ya come back to the staff, we will miss you! :)
flavaoftheweak
Veteran

Post by flavaoftheweak »

ahh, stop saying goodbye! she already said she'd be around.

too bad it had to end like this. so much seemed to blow up within the staff in a matter of days. see you around, holly.
lets unwravel the egde of time...

without the bad times, the good times wouldnt be so sweet.

BAOF!

its the little things people say that make your whole day worthwile...
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

Shit happens and when things get tough, you do what you think is right.

No i'm not glad you resigned, really sad, your a great person, and a great helper (thank goodness your sticking around). I hope your now happier and for tha tyou'll stick around for a very long time.

Cindy
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]