I Have To Give A Speech!

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
CoolChick123
Loyal

I Have To Give A Speech!

Post by CoolChick123 »

so 2day i was informed that next monday ((a week from 2day)) i have to give a 2 min. speech to my class...there are like 30-40 people in there...im sooo scared! like ive said a million times before i turn red sooo easily and i just feel like everyone can tell and they are judging me and noticing and i look insecure....i hate it! im so scared to get up there and feel my face start to turn red...cuz once i notice it gets even WORSE and soon my face is on fire and i dont even know what im saying anymore, all i can think about is MAKE MY FACE STOP TURNING RED! its soo embarrassing and makes me feel like shit about myself...it makes me soo insecure

i dont want to spend my whole week worried about this...who knows if ill even turn red....sometimes i do, sometimes i dont...but the thought of being up there and it happening ((cuz if it doesnt happen monday it WILL happen eventually)) terrifies me....how can i keep my cool and know that i will be ok? will i just go up there and look like a complete idiot once my face is bright red? it terrifies me that people might notice or joke about it or think that im just soo insecure cuz of it....

HELP!
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Re: I Have To Give A Speech!

Post by SirPostAlot »

Hey! I am the same way as you! When i get up to give a speech my legs shake, my feet slide to the sides, etc...One time i was giving a speech and i started on one side of the class and ended up on the other...another time i was giving a short (15 sec) into speech to say why i wanted in JH (junior historians)...and i almost passed out!!

Well, one bad thing about my speeches is when i get nervous i talk, and talk...most of my oral presentations are 15 min. on the short side! I have gone 23 before the teacher stopped me! :) haha...

Well, there really isn't anything we can do about "stage fright" which is what i call it when we get nervous giving speeches...

Just breath, and try your best...

~Good Luck~
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

i know EXACTLY how u feel. i have a speech impediment. so obviously that makes it real hard for me. i worry about speeches for like weeks in advance. i always do terrible. but, evreyone in the class know i stutter real bad, so its fine. im never picked on. people aer always scared to pick on me. im like the kid who can do crazy and knock people out at any second. it feels really good after u did the speech tho.
CoolChick123
Loyal

Post by CoolChick123 »

but i dont wanna worry about this all week! God, just thinking about it makes me sick...worrying about what will happen once i DO start blushing...it causes so much anxiety...its the WORST feeling in the world...i just feel like everyone can see how insecure i am...it really makes me feel sick..its so hard to think of ANYTHING but the fact that my face is on fire and everyone can notice

thanx for the repsonses...its good to know im not alone
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

Put it into perspective - Everyone else feels the same way. Everyone is dealing with it in their own ways. So what if your face goes red? It's a normal reaction and hell, if thats what you're most worried about before a speech I wish I was you! And it's not even certain you'll turn red, and really, when you think about, is it REALLY all that serious if you blush?

I go red all the time. Everyone notices. But I just learned to laugh it off. It's something that happens to a lot of people, and will when others give a speech, and you just have to learn to think it's funny. I physically couldn't give my speech because of anxiety, so think about it that way. panic attack vs blushing, i know what id choose.
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
Kalimeno
Loyal

Post by Kalimeno »

Put on some make up that's darker than your skin color, and then when you turn red, you will just look normal
CoolChick123
Loyal

Post by CoolChick123 »

hey thanx a lot...yeah i know it really isnt a big deal...but a lot of it has to do w/ anxiety, which is why it really gets to me...i cant really seem to control my anixtey

yeah i guess i just have to keep in mind that most people are pretty insecure giving speeches and the sort....and if i blush no1 will really care all that much, especially if i act like it doesnt bug me

this is what i keep reminding myself, but still, the thought of being in front of everyone, bright red scares me...it brings on the worst anxiety...i hate that feeling cuz its so hard to focus on anything else...guess it just takes practice and getting used to...guess it just takes accepting and not letting it get to me...so what if im red and everyone notices...ha i can do this! :'(

thanx again! ;)