Move Wherever You Want...

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Shwynsh
Veteran

Move Wherever You Want...

Post by Shwynsh »

I thought about it and decided I have absolutely NO idea where to put this, so feel free to move wherever you think is good..

anyway.. I'm SO nervous about this piano recital I have. Its not even that big of a deal. But I'm already nervous.. like really nervous butterflies in my stomach..

When I get nervous, I forget things, and my knee starts shaking so badly that I can't hold the peddle down right...

Does anyone know of anything I can do to calm my nerves? Any thoughts that anyone can say to get me less nervous.. :(

:wacko: I hate performing.. ahh
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Re: Move Wherever You Want...

Post by SirPostAlot »

aww...it will be alright! Just keep telling yourself that you will be fine! Practice, Practice, Practice! The more you practice the less nervios you will be...Mabey get a group of your friends together and do it in front of them so that way you get used to doing it in front of people...

just calm down and practice! :)

~My Advice~
Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh »

Thanks Jeff.. :)

but its tomorrow at 1:00! I'll probably mess up- I'll get through it somehow..

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

i know thi is easy for me to say but dont worry! relax. practice practice practice though!
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
She
Veteran

Post by She »

I loathe nerves. I'm the most nervous person ever. At jazz band concerts when I play flute my hands start shaking and for months afterwards I see people asking me why I'm so nervous :bag: It looks like you already had your recital but here are some good resources for performance anxiety.

http://www.engr.unl.edu/eeshop/anxiety.html

http://music.emich.edu/wp/oboe93.html

Really, a good summary is to know your music well, to do some breathing excercises and calm yourself down, and don't try to play your piece perfectly. Just try to convey the emotion of the music because the individual notes and mistakes aren't what's important, it's how you make the audience feel and the feeling you convey.

And eat a banana or two before you play! They have natural beta blockers that will calm you down. I brought one to the last solo and ensemble contest. I did well (I got a 1!), and though I can't for certain establish a link between the banana and the performance I'll try to eat more bananas in the future, myself ;)
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh »

Thank you so much She! That was amazingly helpful..

SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

Anna.. the only thing u can really do is try and relax.. and make sure u know what ur doing.. which I'm sure u do..

lolol one time I had to sing in front of all these people and I was so nervous .. then when I got up there I totally blanked.. so I just started to take deep breaths.. and it went fine..

I'm sure you'll do great!! Good Luck! Mandy :)
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh »

Thanks mandy! :D

I did itttttt yesss and it went really well.... whew.. I was very relieved.. and my leg wasnt shaking when i tried to put down the peddle.. score..