Need Ideas

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Julianne

Need Ideas

Post by Julianne »

hey guys!!

considering everyone is a teen in here...I think...I was wondering if anyone could help me out?

I am doing a contest where you get to think of a business I could run, and then if its a good one, they'll give me $3000 to fund it.

so I can do anything from making,designing and selling hats for example, to teaching dance lessons...

anyway, it would be very much appreciated if someone could write ideas of what intrests teens and what would be a good money making business idea

thanks!!
iHEAVENn2
Veteran

Re: Need Ideas

Post by iHEAVENn2 »

running a day care, running your own candy shop muhahaha kinda hard but eh. washing cars? selling cookies?? umm...... :huh:
Once in a lifetime, you find the one you really love.

For now and forever, one love that never ends.

Once in a lifetime, when every star that lights the sky.

Will shine with one reason, leading your heart to the one love you find.

Just once in your life..

Once in a lifetime, you find the one you really love.

For now and forever, one love that never ends.

Just once in a lifetime...

Soda tart!!

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.
Julianne

Post by Julianne »

thanks!!

those are great ideas..Im just gunna keep making a list of everything everyone puts down for ideas

ummm....about "how to run a business" I dont think I asked that question?? uhh I know how to run a business..Im asking for ideas. Clearly I dint just wake up and say "let's start up a business" although I apreciate your help, that's not what I asked for at all...all I asked for was ideas from teens like me...

and the part where you said you have to focus on your customers...the teens will be my customers and thats exactly what Im doing right now.

thanks anyways for your advice
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Well, the fun part about making a business and getting started is coming up with a product; getting people to back you and doing it all on your own. That's the aspect of business that is so exciting to so many people, in my humble opinion. You are a teen yourself, so wouldn't you know what a teen wants?

You can't just wake up one day and say, hey I'm going to make a business. You need to take the initial steps. First you need take a look at your motives. If you don't have the right motives the business won't work. Ask yourself whether you?re in it for the prize money or do you legitimately want to get out there and make this a success..? Second, you need to do research. Find the facts about the market you're getting into. You need to know what to expect, who your competition is, etc... Third, you need to focus on the customer. What is it that your customer will most want from you? What can you offer to the customer that will make them want you more than the competition? Is it your location and environment? Is it superior customer service, friendly staff or other? It is also very important to have a plan for the future. Don't go into it blindly and take it one day at a time. You need to have a plan for the future, what you're going to do in the course of a year. An unplanned business venture has no chance of success.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Nikki
Veteran

Post by Nikki »

selling real Belgian sandwiches (:P they rock) or something you won't find a lot in your country.. (want a reciepe)?
God kicked in the head so I started a fight, coz I knew I was right! But I learned I was wrong...
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Originally posted by Julianne@Mar 10 2004, 12:37 PM

ummm....about "how to run a business" I dont think I asked that question?? uhh I know how to run a business..Im asking for ideas. Clearly I dint just wake up and say "let's start up a business" although I apreciate your help, that's not what I asked for at all...all I asked for was ideas from teens like me...

and the part where you said you have to focus on your customers...the teens will be my customers and thats exactly what Im doing right now.

thanks anyways for your advice
Whether or not it is "what you wanted" is clearly not important. I gave what I felt was proper advice at the time and still do think it's essential. In all honesty, I don't think you have done much planning. If you're asking what it is you should sell this late in the stages, it becomes obvious this isn't a well thought out venture idea. You need to do the planning, the research and everything else.

Planning and being prepared are what separate successes from one-hit-wonders.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

Me and my friends have a buisness sort of... we just make jewerly.. its alot of fun.
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
She
Veteran

Post by She »

Pick something you really have passion for. Otherwise you won't be happy sticking with it. You can't sell something you don't believe in. (I learned that one from The Apprentice! :P)
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Adamj Computer Repair - http://www.adamj.org/pcrepair

I already have my own business :) You make more money off selling SERVICES rather than products. Services cost time, but products cost money. It all depends on the profit margin whether either will be successful.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
B_Lo
Loyal

Post by B_Lo »

start a cleaning service, big money
Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given, than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossibloe is not a fact, it's an option/ Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary

Impossible is nothing- Muhammad Ali