I Hate Every High School I've Looked At.

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Amphiptere
Dedicated

I Hate Every High School I've Looked At.

Post by Amphiptere »

I hate them all. They all don't appreciate the one thing I have left: creativity. All the art programs are just copying. Even the most advanced art program in the so-called "art school" is just sitting there drawing still lifes and stuff! It's like they're trying to beat the creativity out of you. everybody says that I can work on my creativity at home but there's one problem with that: Nobody ever SEES the art I do at home! I scan it on the internet, post it on various websites, but still nobody ever looks at it. YES, I do need people to see my art. I'm not that self-confidentthat I can say 'Wow, I think this drawing is really good and I'm proud of what I've done regardless of what others think!'. And no, showin gyour Art to family and friends doesn't count. My family and friends are all too 'sensitive' to say anything if they don't like my Art, because they don't want to hurt my feelings.

Art is my life. I'm going to have a miserable life if I have to go through all of High School without creative Art!

And I have given still lifes and stuff a fair chance. I've been doing them for the past three years and I hate it! My drawing looks the same as everyone elses.

How can I choose what High School to go to if I really don't have a place in any of them?
I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to.
Brad
Veteran

Re: I Hate Every High School I've Looked At.

Post by Brad »

That's high school for you. It's a neccessary evil, though. Wait till post-secondary before you can get classes that appreciate art.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
faith
Veteran

Re: I Hate Every High School I've Looked At.

Post by faith »

maybe a arts boarding school would work best. most of them are really acredited. they are really good and top of the line. but u mau have to go out of state and i think they may be alota money but hopefully there would be scholarships available. let me know if u find anything! take care
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea