College ?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
FranklinF
Veteran

College ?

Post by FranklinF »

ok so i want to go to a christian or a catholic college (even though im not catholic the outcome will be the same) i would like to major in theology and have a minor (i guess thats what you call it) in history or social science to teach but i dont know which college i want to go to and i am lost i was thinking midamerica nazzerene college or rockhurst here in kansas city but i want.... no need to get away from here does any one know any good ones ???-MARY
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
rosiegirl06
Loyal

Re: College ?

Post by rosiegirl06 »

Well, if you want to go to college far away from home, there are a couple of good schools here in Pennsylvania. Messiah is a Catholic college, I think. It's a nice school, in fact I almost applied to it. But Gettysburg College is even better (that's where I go!). It's a Lutheran college and expensive but offers good financial aid packages, the campus is beautiful, and it has a good religion department.

In Washington D.C. there's the Catholic University of America which I hear is a really good school and I would have gone to it if I hadn't wanted to stay close to home. I hope that helps and good luck with your search!
Not all who wander are lost.

Never be someone's slogan, because you are poetry.

I'm a wild and an untamed thing

I'm a bee with a deadly sting

You get a hit and your mind goes ping

Your heart'll pump and your blood will sing

So let the party and the sounds rock on

We're gonna shake it 'till the life has gone

Rose tint my world

Keep me safe from my trouble and pain
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

rosiegurl: i live in pa! :)

but going away from your state will be like 40% more! :'( like more expensive!

So, i would say look for a school in Kansas...

Talk to your guidence counsler about it...

Tell him/her what you want to do and he/she will research it...! :)

Good Luck!
wotland princess
Loyal

Post by wotland princess »

i would go to college visits and see if you like it or not.......Yeah it will be alot more money out of state. goodluck
EAT SOME POUND CAKE EAT SOME POUND CAKE EAT SOME POUND CAKE! ~MERCEDES LANDER~
FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

well i dont really live in kansas i live on the missouri side of kansas city i know i know retarded put all of the city in kansas but o well any how i know there are a few here in missouri but really none of them intrest me enough to make me stay put i really need to get out of here maybe ill try somewhere around houston i like it there and its far enough away from here and i know the area and it would prolly be better to go back to where i came from i miss it alot..... ***is still lost*** -MARY
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

well i havent personally experienced a private college but there is a good one in minnesota called bethel, st olaf and northwestern are all good ones.
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea