My Moment In The Sun

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
broadwayboi
Hooked On HelpingTeens

My Moment In The Sun

Post by broadwayboi » Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:45 pm

Hey everyone, first let me start off by saying it is great to be back here. It's been so long since I left and a LOT has changed!

Anywho, for the first time ever, my school choir is doing a musical. I live in a VERY VERY VERY VERY small town and getting to do something like this is a privelage to me, but is considered absolutely gay by otheds. Anyway, I got the lead role. Yay! Our musical is 'Little Shop of Horrors' btw.

Our musical is April 9. A lot of people don't even have Act One memorized yet and we haven't even begun working on Act Two. This is finally my moment to shine and prove to the whole school that I DO have talent but everything is falling apart and I have this huge fear it's all gonna get cancelled. Any advice?
"If I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free- to those who'd groud me, take a message back from me- Tell them how I am defying gravity. I'm flying high and defying gravity and soon I'll match them in renown. And nobody in all of Oz, no wizard that there is or was is ever gonna bring me down!!!"

-from the Broadway musical 'Wicked'

Sam!
Veteran

Re: My Moment In The Sun

Post by Sam! » Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:59 pm

I'm not really sure what to tell you... I just hope that all goes well, and congrats on getting the lead.... talk to whoever is sponsoring the play... maybe they'll get things in line.
-Sam!

emotionalcutie
Veteran

Post by emotionalcutie » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:34 pm

Encourage others who are in the play to learn there lines and make sure you know yours so that it doesn't get cancelled.... that would suck :(
*KT*

*Give Into The Sweet Temptation*

<span style="color:royal blue"-::SMIRRRRRNOFFF::-

**chit-chat**

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:09 pm

Just incurage people to memorize there lines.

Have some practice sessions w/ everyone...

I was gunna move this, but the question lead me to leave it here...may change my mind later<<

~Jeff~

GOOD LUCK!! :)

flavaoftheweak
Veteran

Post by flavaoftheweak » Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:22 pm

encouragement!! make them want it too.

and...

Little shop... little shop of horrors... little shop.... *sings to herself and thinks about the huge venus fly trap*
lets unwravel the egde of time...

without the bad times, the good times wouldnt be so sweet.

BAOF!

its the little things people say that make your whole day worthwile...

faith
Veteran

Post by faith » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:13 am

well u may not like my advice but mine woulod be to pray. pray about the situation and hope that everything turn for the best. but whatever the result is know that everything hapens for a reason, even the bad.
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea