Ocd

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Ocd

Post by SirPostAlot »

I have to do a speech on OCD (3 1/2 - 4 min) and it has to be really interesting...

I think i can do it, i was just curious if you had any basic info on OCD...i have looked it up online, and it said that teens go through it the worst cuz thats when they find out about it...

Just wondering...

~Jeff~
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Re: Ocd

Post by Paris In Flames »

God...don't call me stupid buuut...

What's OCD? I'd be happy to help you with your project if you told me what it was!

Cheers babe!

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

OCD is something like Obesessive Compulsive Disorder.

Like when you have to constantly wash your hands...or you have to open the door three times before leaving.

Its anxiety that goes too far (basic explanation).

~Jeff~
distortedchibi
Loyal

Post by distortedchibi »

Try to find interesting case studies. One of my friends used to spend about half an hour in the bathroom cleaning herself and washing her hands. Her OCD affects her in other ways, like dry skin rubbing together (hers or someone else's) drives her insane. Also pencil scratching does it too. Liven up your report by putting real people in place of the symptoms. Good luck.
I have a special place in my heart for all those in pain. I've been there and it's lonely when it feels like no one understands. Wonderful people made this site so that we can talk openly and honestly. Thank you to all of them. If I can help one person through their pain, then my life has been worth it.
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Hey,

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/publicat/ocd.cfm

That looks good. It totally reliable.

Cheers,

Jenna

P.S. Make colorful posters! It totally helps presentations!
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Thanks Jenna -n- distortedchibi...

Jenna: unfortunatly, it is for a USAD (united states academic decathlon) speech and we can't use any props :'(

It is just imformative and for like a score for a metal...hmm...haha...

Crap...

But i should try to figure it out.

~Jeff~
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

k wel i have an idea. i have this thing called trichotillomania and u could do that as a side topic of ocd since most ppl who have trich have ocd. idk just an idea!
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Faith:

Thats a good idea, but i doubt i could do both since its only a 3 1/2 min. - 4 min. speech...

I hate time limits! Usually i can talk for 20 min. for speeches...haha....

~Jeff~