For Anyone That Has Heart

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
wotland princess
Loyal

For Anyone That Has Heart

Post by wotland princess »

k i know my topic title sounds weird but i want to know somethin. I am goin to be goin to collegein the fall of 2005 and i am really afaid. The reason i am afaid is goin to be away from home and away from someone that i love. i want to be with this person for a long time, i want this relationship to work. Is anyone else afaid of growing up????? it is just hard cause i have someone i love and dont want to leave when i think about it makes me cry. Does anyone else feel this way and any suggestions for me when that time comes to make things work more???
EAT SOME POUND CAKE EAT SOME POUND CAKE EAT SOME POUND CAKE! ~MERCEDES LANDER~
Abbi
Veteran

Re: For Anyone That Has Heart

Post by Abbi »

Moved to General

Thats the best place I could think of, if anyone thinks of a better place - Feel free to move it.
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair...
PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet »

I can completely relate to your feelings. I definitely went through the same thing. I'm going off to college coming this fall and all through high school I was terrified of taking these tests, getting a license, applying for colleges... all because I was afraid to go off. I didn't want to be on my own or to be away from my family. I thought an extra year of high school would be great. As senior year started to take off, I started to get more and more anxious about college. It's amazing the transformation from before. I was so ready to stay at home another year. But now, with only 30-some school days left, I'm ready to move on. Sure it's a little scary... but I'm ready. I'm going to college where I feel safe and I have friends in which I could bond with in going there (which is another added comfort). All in all though, I'm excited to meet new people and see what it's all like.

Now, my excitement probably comes from my being broken-up with my boyfriend. We had gone out for 2+ years and last day of November, the relationship was "officially" over. And it's been tough, but we're still good friends. I thought that I might like to work out a relationship with him, but honestly... I'm sort of ready to get out there and see what else the world has to offer me in terms of guys and relationships, and college is the place to do that.

Honestly I can't give you the best advice as to how to make things work, because in all likelihood, it won't work. Perhaps you need to talk this over together and discuss what the future might hold. See if you're both willing to make a commitment to each other long-distance (or follow each other to college maybe), but I'll tell you, it's a hard thing to do either way. If you want things to work, you'll have to make a great effort to try to see each other as much as possible or jsut come to some sort of an arrangement that works for both of you. But it would be extremely hard. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

It's like that for everyone at the end of High School.

But believe me, you get used to the change.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good