What Are The Limits To What U Can Wear?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

What Are The Limits To What U Can Wear?

Post by LedZep04 »

I'm not really sure if censorship and stuff is a big deal right now, but my bf lives at this apartment and he wore this tapout shirt that says represent mother fucker and the manager told him not to wear it. Is it against the law to wear that, because I thought that was only at schools and stuff. any answers would be nice. and if they keep bugging us what should we do about it?
RIP Parsa<33
four
Veteran

Re: What Are The Limits To What U Can Wear?

Post by four »

Well the constitution and the first ammendment protect you from abuses of the government, not from private orginizations, so I do not know what protections you have in the situation.

In (public) schools however you have a good deal of protection. As established in the Supreme Court Case Tinker v. Des Moines School District (393 U.S. 503 (1969)) : "Students do not shed their constitutional rights at the schoolhouse gate, and therefor are entitled to the free expression of their views as long as there is no substantial or material interference of the educational process."

**Moved to General.**
NAAM
InnocenceLost57
Veteran

Post by InnocenceLost57 »

It's counted as profanity though, and there are usually rules about that everywhere. I hate censorship. But I think there is a rule somewhere about public profanity...
One minute there was road beneath us

The next just sky

Reach up

And let's propose a toast

To the thing that hurts you most

( /)

(O.o) Copy bunny into your signature to help

( <) him achieve world domination

/_|_
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

Well, inless the lease says he can't then he can. But personaly, people who wear thoses type of things out on the streets are very rude people. You can be yourself, but if it could offend someone i would think twice on it.
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

He can tell him not to wear it while hes on the property because he is the owner.
"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."

- Bill Clinton

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans"

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

THE MOST INTELIGENT THING I'VE EVER HEARD:

"Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions - it only guarantees equality of opportunity."

-Irving Kristol
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

RIP Parsa<33
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

I've got a t shirt which says on it

"sexy cnut"

and I get warned about it in the union.

People walk around with

"flying fcuk" or "fcuk me"

and that's fine??

Mine is a vagina monolouges t shirt which is campaigning for freedom of speech for women.. whereas FCUK is french connection.

That makes it OK??
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

the worlds so messed up .. :\ *sigh*
RIP Parsa<33