Gah My Mom Wont Get Off My But

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
InnocenceLost57
Veteran

Gah My Mom Wont Get Off My But

Post by InnocenceLost57 »

I'm in the Pre-IB program, if any of you are familiar with it..basically, it's juat a really advanced program that can get you college credit when you do the actual IB in 11th and twelfth. But my mom is like up my butt about my grades! I have two C's, *two*, and she's flipping. I've tried tlaking with her and using these arguments. Here's basically how it goes:

Your grades are crap. Me: I'm trying! Mom: I never see you try.

Me: I study at night when I can focus. Mom: I never see you.

Me: This is the IB program and it's a lot harder. Mom: Then we'll pull you out and send you to a different school.

Me: THe courses just get harder towards the end of the year; I can pull them up. Mom: It won't matter if you pull them up, those C's will be averaged in there forever.

Me: I have two more years. Mom: They'll still be there two years from now.

Me: C's count for a 2.5 on your GPA. Mom: They're still C's.

Theres a lot more but I don't feel like posting it....agh she makes me mad. She wants to go psycho-restrictive on me and take away my computer time. No. That's not happening. If she'd jsut let me *alone* then it would make me a LOT happier. :furious: :wallbash:
One minute there was road beneath us

The next just sky

Reach up

And let's propose a toast

To the thing that hurts you most

( /)

(O.o) Copy bunny into your signature to help

( <) him achieve world domination

/_|_
lori
Dedicated

Re: Gah My Mom Wont Get Off My But

Post by lori »

im in pre-ib and i have no C's, just A's and 1 B. truth is, grades don't really matter... but how do you compare to the rest of your class?

if you have C's and most of your class has A's and B's... then that IS bad and you need to pull those grades up now.

why don't u study during the day?
InnocenceLost57
Veteran

Post by InnocenceLost57 »

No, it's not....I have a lot of stuff going on during the day, but I usually study..but last time I checked I was ranked like 53 out of 500-something in the 9th grade. Most people I know have C's as well. My mom needs to lighten up.
One minute there was road beneath us

The next just sky

Reach up

And let's propose a toast

To the thing that hurts you most

( /)

(O.o) Copy bunny into your signature to help

( <) him achieve world domination

/_|_
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Originally posted by rast@Apr 24 2004, 06:36 PM

its not realy any of your moms buissness

I disagree...she is your parent and is conserned about you and deserves to get into your business...

my mom always says "if you live under this roof, your grades are my grades"...

I think that you should study more...just organize your time so you can study more...perhaps get a tutor...ask the teacher for help..

Thats my advice...

she is concered about you! :) Be happy you have a mother that cares!

~Jeff~