Exchange Student

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Shwynsh
Veteran

Exchange Student

Post by Shwynsh »

Do you know if it would be possible for me to go for my junior year to a european country? Im thinking Britain- since it would be difficult to learn french or another language well enough to be fluent to learn all my studies and get credit. Does anyone know of a program or anything? For those British people out there, do you ever have American people come in to your schools? I just really want to be an exchange student and get out of New york for one of my years..

Any sites? anything?
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
daffodildreams
Veteran

Re: Exchange Student

Post by daffodildreams »

Yeah, and we make fun of them.
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

Personally i wouldn't right now. Americans have a VERY bad name right now thanks to our stupid leader. *shakes head* Americans are hated accross the world. so if you do, be ready to deal with a lot of bull shit.
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh »

I know that- thats one of the main reasons I wasn't going to go to France.. lol...probably get beaten up..

If you really do make fun of the american students, then whatever, i'll re-think it. It will be in 2 years... would that make any difference?
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

I love being Canadian :) We don't get picked on :P
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
StressedOut
Loyal

Post by StressedOut »

Originally posted by OverDrive@Apr 25 2004, 09:04 PM

Oh yeah,

what about all the hockey, maple syrup, Mounties and "Eh!" jokes?
Image Season 7 Begins- January 2009
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

Originally posted by Shwynsh@Apr 26 2004, 01:16 AM

Do you know if it would be possible for me to go for my junior year to a european country? Im thinking Britain- since it would be difficult to learn french or another language well enough to be fluent to learn all my studies and get credit. Does anyone know of a program or anything? For those British people out there, do you ever have American people come in to your schools? I just really want to be an exchange student and get out of New york for one of my years..

Any sites? anything?

I did alot of information on this at one point.

Talk to you school guidence councler, they'll be the ones to really get the info for you.

Also, I don't know if you have one but our local rotary sends someone every year as an exchange student. Look that one up too.
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Originally posted by OverDrive@Apr 25 2004, 08:04 PM

Anyone who equates Wayne Gretzky to god is out of their minds, e.g. Canadians.

Oh, oh, let's not forget about the maple leaf for a flag. You good ol canucks. :P

Note:

*This was meant to be LAME.* Though you Canadians do get made fun of, too. :kid:
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Toolrockgirl
Veteran

Post by Toolrockgirl »

Most schools have a program that you can look into about being an exchange student. Talk to your consuler! :)
weeble and bob

One of my favorites
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

Originally posted by OverDrive@Apr 25 2004, 08:04 PM

exactly. And if we do, we attack with our rabid beavers.
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

ΔΦ of ΔΚΕ #981 Class of 2004

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

hey, come to britain - ignore what people say, you wouldnt get made fun of etc......... - well i speak for myself and friends there.

i would ask anyone in a good position (careers advice/councillor) for info
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
Breathe_In_For_Luck7
Veteran

Post by Breathe_In_For_Luck7 »

i'm going to germany in february. it will be fun. i think ever country doesn't like america much but as my german teacher told me it's more that they don't like bush.