Major Probs In School

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Michie
Veteran

Major Probs In School

Post by Michie »

I'm havigna terrible time in school...I procrastinate for every assignment because I'm not in the mind set to think right. And sometimes I wait until the very morning to do it, obviously way too late.

I don't like telling my teachers because I try to tell myself that I will work on it at nighttime and get it finished...so I try to avoid the situation altogerther. Of course, I don;'t get it finished on time and have to tell my teacher the day of that I couldn't finish it and that I need more time.

NOw this is bad bad bad because I did this to my English teacher today and it was regarding a presentation that has been planned for the past month. I had gotten tutoring for english but I wasn't focused during my tutor hours so I basically got nothing done during the four or so hours I spent working with her. Yes, I got five pages of writing...but it was absolutely horrible writing. Furthermore, half of the ideas were those of the tutor's.

So I never told my teacher that I was doing terrible with this assignment and practically not done. I didn't even tell her the day before presenting, as I assumed (obviosuly wrongly) that I would redo the entire assignment and have it ready by the next day. Anyways, I finally started working on the assignment in the middle of the day today. And by the time I had to present, I went to my teacher and told her I wasn't ready. She was so mad at me. Furthermore, I felt so guilty because she now had to program for fifteen extra minutes, which she didn't plan.

The problem is, I can't focus. If she had told me that my assignment was due on Friday, I'd probably not buckle down and do the work until Thursday night, when I'd finally get an epiphany under excitable cramming stress. So it's practically hopeless for me to even have a set date, because for some reason I don't focus anyway.

I only focus, A: when my assignment is due the next period or in the next two-three hours B: when someone else needs help for their own assignments. I flourish when they ask. I talk verbally, and thoughts pour out like water. I hate that I can't let loose and let my thoughts flow when I have to focus and work like I do when I'm helping someone else.

So I don't know what to do now. School is over in two weeks or so for me and I have tons of project ideas that I've got. I just can't get my head in the right frame when I have to work.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wacko: :wacko: :wallbash: :wallbash:
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!
Lena
Veteran

Re: Major Probs In School

Post by Lena »

ok, well firstly not being able to concentrate can be a sign of depression (it is with me) although it could be other things - are you sure youre not just being lazy?

this problem can be linked with some learning disorders.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
Michie
Veteran

Re: Major Probs In School

Post by Michie »

Well I was diagnosed with depression two years ago,

and I'm a worrywart. I'm always nervous about stuff and so I fear that nothing I do will work.

I've had trouble with assignments only since depression. I couldn't write anything unless it was about depression, or if I was orally helping someone else out. I'd freeze.

Have u ever had that?
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!