College Time..

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

College Time..

Post by LedZep04 »

Well I graduated early in Jan, and I registered for college but had to mail my transcripts and now it's may and classes start but I wasn't in time for them. Well thats not really my question but what do you guys think on community colleges because thats what I am going to do. I just don't have the money for a 4 year right now, and I really don't want to be taking out loans at the moment..
RIP Parsa<33
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Re: College Time..

Post by SirPostAlot »

well this is my opinion...if you wish to go to a community college then go to one, but i feel that i will have to get a loan, but if you go to a 4 year college and get a loan you may get what you want exactly to be and make more money. But if what you want to be is offerened at a community college, then i would go there...ya know?

But don't be afriad to take a chance n getting a loan...

But do what you think is best! :)

~Jeff~
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

well actually, what I was thinking is to go to a cc for 2 years, and then transfer and start my junior year in a 4 year even though I will only have 2 years so then I might have more money then to be willing to spend.. :)
RIP Parsa<33
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Hey,

There's nothing wrong with going to a community college for two years and then transferring out. It saves money, and there are many excellent community college teachers.

I think it's a wonderful idea to that.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
MysticAngelguy
Loyal

Post by MysticAngelguy »

I wouldn't worry about it. I plan to go to one. Besides you get the same teaching for a lower price. I plan on going to just get all my required classes out of the way then transfer to a 4 year. In the long run I find for me it's going to be better for me then a 4 year would.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Believe me, every man has his secret sorrows, which the world knows not; and of times we call a man cold when he is only sad.

-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

To dream is to love, to feel true happiness, to see all your hopes and your dreams played out... it's exhilarating. To wake up... it's heartbreaking.

-Scott Kokx

I'm a Bisexual da*n~it.
messedup
Needs Another Hobby

Post by messedup »

I think going to a community college is a wonderful idea. I'm planning on doing that and then transferring over to a university. :)
Danielle
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

ty guys/girls.. :) I was just making sure I'm doing the right thing.. need to hear it from more then one person
RIP Parsa<33
sugarpacket
Loyal

Post by sugarpacket »

nothing wrong with a CC at all... there's a lot of good coming from a CC into a 4 year. you'll have experience and know what you want to do before making a 100% committment to a profession like in a 4 year.

good luck with that.
kiss, crush, bliss, blush... finally happy. so happy. so lucky.

diaLoGue shrUgGed
dragonangel(ash)
Loyal

Post by dragonangel(ash) »

you should go...... for one oyu can see if college is for you and if it is not then you can get out. two, it saves money and if you want to tran. you can. three. you are offered many choices and many places to go.
we are offered many paths in our lifes that can lead us sometimes to happyness .....but to get there, we must go not stand and wait for someone to take it for us.

bird go poof, goblin go splat!!!!!!

http://www.chat.webrpg.com
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

will do
RIP Parsa<33
notheavnsent
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by notheavnsent »

There's absolutely nothing wrong with going to a community college and trans-ing out, and don't let anyone make you feel any less smart for it. ;)

I graduated from HS with a 3.9 GPA, honors, merits, AP credits out the arse, got into Berkeley, Chapel Hill, yadda yadda. But I went to a community college because it's just smarter (imho) these days with how expensive school is getting.

The first two years of any college experience are pre-reqs (100 and 200 level classes everyone has to take regardless of major). Now, do you want to pay $300 a credit, or $98 a credit, for the same exact class? Plus, community colleges tend to have far smaller classes and the professors are typically very responsive to students and are willing to help. In undergrad at a university, you risk getting shoved in an auditorium full of students while having TA's who can't actually teach (and forget about actually getting help from the real professor -- they care about the grad students, not us lowly undergrads). Not to mention the bigger the school, the more of a pain it will be to get the classes you want and NEED.

All that really matters is where you get your BA or BS from, which isn't going to come from a community college. So, kick ass and take names in community college, and transfer out and do the same at a university, and you've saved a lot of money. Besides that, most professions these days are looking more and more for people to have Masters degrees -- not just 4 years of study -- once again making where you went for your first two years of little importance.

The only thing to watch out for is making sure that all of the classes you take in community college will transfer over to the university you want to go to. I can't tell you how many friends of mine took classes that ended up being totally worthless once they transferred.
Memphis38128
Loyal

Post by Memphis38128 »

To me,there's nothing wrong with going to a community college because it's just like a 4 year plan,but different.When I get out of school,I am going to University of Memphis or St.Louis.