I'm Not Going To Get Kicked Out

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
sand
Loyal

I'm Not Going To Get Kicked Out

Post by sand »

ok so here is the deal, i am in college and my first semester i did really bad. i failed a class, got some d's and whatever. My GPA was 1.87. so since it was below a 2.00 i was put on accidemic probation. and if my GPA this semester wasn't above 2.00 this semester i would be kicked out of college.

well guess what i just checked my grades and all of them are up besides one.

Native Am. Lit......... i got a B

Math.........A

Into to Psych.....B

Drug Ed................. ???

which so far brings my GPA to a....... 3.30

and my cumulative gpa is..........2.44, which still isn't that great but a lot better than it was.

and you know what no cares. i called my boyfriend and he could care less and my parents are the same way. I was so happy and proud of myself until i talked to them. i have spent my whole life trying to get a simple "we are proud of you" out of my damn parents. and i didn't even get that when i graduated from high school.

it sucks, cuz i worked my butt off this semester!! sad thing is i did't even do it for myself, i did it for them. its really hard to get your gpa up once you have messed it up and i had zero faith in myself that i could do it. sorry i am just whining now. i just wish someone would care enough to notice how hard i have been trying. :'(
Wicked Juggalette~Blaze Twizid ICP Psychopathic Family~

We're not afraid to die because death is afraid of us

We're meaner than the devil, but we're someone you can trust

You're way to fresh for death to want you

with abilities and talents that no one could ever come close to
~Dark Lotus-Black Rain

I am slowly decaying form the inside out

<span style=\'color:red\'Gwen Stefani is hot
sand
Loyal

Re: I'm Not Going To Get Kicked Out

Post by sand »

i just checked my grades again and all of them are posted.

i got a A in Drug Ed!!!!!

which brings my GPA up to 3.41 I missed the Deans list by .09!! but i did make the honors list.

my Cumulative GPA is up to 2.56, which is like what a B- average, not that bad but not that great.

i am happy again!! and i am just not going to call to tell anyone cuz they will only bring me down. i guess that i will just celebrate by myself. :(

i still wish that my parents and my boyfriend would care!!!!!!!!! but you know what i say right now............screw them!!! ;)

~Dark Lotus-Black Rain

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Well, congrats! :)

School is about yourself, not anyone eles!

I don't really know what to say, except that...

I don't know why they wouldn't be happy...perhaps they expect better of you and don't think congraduating you on something that is lower then they expected? or perhaps they just felt that you are at the age when congraduating you on things is over and you are grown up? I personally don't understand why they wouldn't have done that...

But remember school is for you! Not for others!

Go to school and do the best that you can do, and do it for you!!!!!

:hug:

~Jeff~
Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh »

You know what then

IM PROUD OF YOU!

I really am- im happy that you improved so much- try to be proud of yourself and try to let that be enough for the time being. Good job!!
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
Michie
Veteran

Post by Michie »

:D

:clap:

I'm proud of you too! It's really really hard to get back on track after getting F's and D's.

Frankly I'm still workin on it.

If you have any pointers for a girl still in high school of how to get back on track, please PM me

Wow. Honors. That's amazing!
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

You really need to be careful about that first semester in college. It's a huge change from the structured environment of high school. A lot of people have trouble adjusting to that at first and grades suffer. I saw it happen to some of my friends and I did help them out by studying with them.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
dragonangel(ash)
Loyal

Post by dragonangel(ash) »

great job!!!!!!! now keep up the great work, you saw how hard it is to get your grades up but your on the right track...... you are there for you not them and it is your life now not theirs and so push yourself and reach your goal and youll do fine
we are offered many paths in our lifes that can lead us sometimes to happyness .....but to get there, we must go not stand and wait for someone to take it for us.

bird go poof, goblin go splat!!!!!!

http://www.chat.webrpg.com
sand
Loyal

Post by sand »

thanks everyone!! it means a lot to me. yeah my first semester of college was really hard for me. I really had a lot of things to adjust to. my boyfriend and i had moved in together, i started college, got a new job, and all that stuff. Its difficult trying to keep up with school and still working enough to be able to pay rent, bills, and buy food. Then there is also the fact that i have to cook clean do laundry, and whatever else i do. I think that i am finally starting to get the hang of it. I am taking a ton of classes this summer. so wish me luck (i am probably going to need it) I have been trying to prove to myself that what i am doing is for me and not just to give my parents or anyone else braging rights. I still can't figure out why i have devoted my life just to simply trying to make them proud. i should really just be trying to make me proud of myself. (did that even make sense??) oh well.

thanks agian

~Dark Lotus-Black Rain

Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

Hey, Good for you! just keep up the hard work so you wont get a scare like that again.

Heres an ice cream! :icecream: and like Jeff said, work hard for yourself, so you wont end up resenting studying and the person/people who you are working hard for!
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
poetic_queeny
Loyal

Post by poetic_queeny »

well it sounds like u deserve the grades u recieved and lets hope u can keep them up! :D...dont worri bout evry1 else...follow your own dreams, casue thats bound to lead somewhere gd xxx
When i cry i need you to wipe away all my tears....

Take away those fears....

and crush all bad i hear....

i am here to help...hannah_banana_sultana@hotmail.com if you need me...or email me on here :)

evrything you wana tell me will be respected and will be helped to the greatest of ability, and also the highest level of confidentiality
A God before Man
Loyal

Post by A God before Man »

Best thing you can do is flash it in their faces and when the time comes, drive up in that Enzo and say owned.

and im serious about that too.
98% of american teens use or have tried pot. If you are part of the 2% that hasnt put this in your info!

^^Stupidest thing I've ever heard

a.it's fake

2. its fake

- its fake

73% of all statistics are fake, including this one.

Kudos.
flavaoftheweak
Veteran

Post by flavaoftheweak »

woo hoo. that is amazing. i give you major props.

same thing happened to my brother, and he went back and got straight a's.

dont worry about what other people say, gather your strength and willpower from yourself. god honest truth.
lets unwravel the egde of time...

without the bad times, the good times wouldnt be so sweet.

BAOF!

its the little things people say that make your whole day worthwile...
Memphis38128
Loyal

Post by Memphis38128 »

Well,Sand,it can be really hard to please parents and loved ones with grades.Every parent will get mad a their child if he or she makes a bad grade because they know that child is smart and the child can do it.I know that when I get grades and they are bad and the next grades are a coupld points higher,but not what they expect,I get really mad.Don't worry you might not be the only student going to the "phrase".