Topic Moved

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Doug
Veteran

Re: Topic Moved

Post by Doug »

There don't need to be regular users because this is for anyone that wants help. If you're not using it regularly, maybe that means you don't have any problems. That's a good thing.

This site is working great. It's organized, orderly, and civilized. It's people helping people with whatever problems they have.

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

Hmmmm.. but it's a community. The whole point of a community is having a team spirit and helping each other.

Our problems are constant throughout teenagerdom pretty much so having a regular source of advice is important to a lot of people. Having a regular user base IS a good thing because it means that people can find advice about the things which they need before it escalates into something much worse.
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

I agree with you Helen. And I think it's all the administration that's causing it. :) I mean damn, it's high time for some new people to take over.
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

:furious: yeah, whenever there's a problem, let's just blame the administration, they have to be the root cause of everything. Maybe if people would stop complaining and just follow the rules, we wouldn't have any problems. We're here to help people, not tear them down. If you don't like it, there's the door.

Doug
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Originally posted by Doug@May 18 2004, 10:45 AM

:furious:?? yeah, whenever there's a problem, let's just blame the administration, they have to be the root cause of everything.? Maybe if people would stop complaining and just follow the rules, we wouldn't have any problems.? We're here to help people, not tear them down.? If you don't like it, there's the door.

Doug
Sorry to dissapoint you, but helping people is much more important to me. If I have to put up with some jack from the admins every day because of it, then so be it. You won't get rid of me that easy.

PS Not to be rude or anything, but how long have you been here? I don't think you know the half of it. So I don't think you're one to talk.
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

I've been here long enough to see that all you people do is whine and complain when something happens that you don't like. I joined about 3 months(?) ago, I think. I am one to talk because I have given advice, been given advice, and have seen how people such as yourself treat these people like shit.

Go ahead, show me an example of where you helped someone and the admin or moderators complained, or closed the topic, or edited your help.

Doug
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

iHEAVENn2
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn2 »

right now holly no ones abusing their power :huh:

the admins have always been the same since ive been here. and thats about a year now, the sites still up right? so they must be doing something right.

stop complainin and help someone.
Once in a lifetime, you find the one you really love.

For now and forever, one love that never ends.

Once in a lifetime, when every star that lights the sky.

Will shine with one reason, leading your heart to the one love you find.

Just once in your life..

Once in a lifetime, you find the one you really love.

For now and forever, one love that never ends.

Just once in a lifetime...

Soda tart!!

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

Originally posted by Kiyotie+May 18 2004, 07:06 AM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Kiyotie @ May 18 2004, 07:06 AM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-OverDrive@May 18 2004, 07:49 AM

Kiyotie, you're one to talk.... when you were a supermod people hated you like mad and wanted you removed.? Kinda ironic don't ya think?
OMG open your eyes OD. Non-staff members hate all staff members! Duh. Well, at least they hate all supermods and admins. And that's simply because they don't have their power. It's human nature.

PS how mature, kind, and professional of you :)

PPS I find your little comeback quite humorous :santa:[/b][/quote]

Holly, hun, I think ya a sweetie person, but I dont hate the mods. or the supermods.or admin. dont generalise everybody.

err, what is this topic about? :huh:

Sorry, my 2 pence...
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

You're missing my point again.

The whole point of being an admin is developing this website into something better. It's been a long time since any development work was done, all that gets done at the moment is the quotation of rules at people.

There is MORE to helping people than support forums, there could be daily newsfeeds from mental health organisations.. or a calendar of important events.. or newsletters.

So much more could be done with this userbase but at the moment it's going stale.
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Originally posted by fluffyhelen@May 18 2004, 12:25 PM

You're missing my point again.

The whole point of being an admin is developing this website into something better.? It's been a long time since any development work was done, all that gets done at the moment is the quotation of rules at people.

There is MORE to helping people than support forums, there could be daily newsfeeds from mental health organisations.. or a calendar of important events.. or newsletters.

So much more could be done with this userbase but at the moment it's going stale.
Right on. But I know for a fact that's not gonna happen with the admins we have now. "Too much work. It's so hard as it is." Well, if you can't handle it, leave. We don't want people to run the site who don't have time to improve it and LISTEN TO THE MEMBERS.

PS
Holly, hun, I think ya a sweetie person
Thank you :wub:

Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Originally posted by Kiyotie@May 18 2004, 11:44 AM

Right on. But I know for a fact that's not gonna happen with the admins we have now. "Too much work. It's so hard as it is." Well, if you can't handle it, leave. We don't want people to run the site who don't have time to improve it and LISTEN TO THE MEMBERS.
We do listen to you, the members quite often. However, you have no concept of the time it takes to administrate TeenHelp. The countless nights we've had almost no good sleep because we had to do something early in the morning like work or school after spending time fixing or keeping things running or taking care of the latest spammer ? or taking care of troublesome users who just don't get a hint and break the rules left and right. It takes a massive amount of time. We are willing to improve TeenHelp and we do every day, but don't expect giant leaps and bounds every single day as we all have lives separate from TeenHelp. We all have jobs or school to go to. We all have social lives and boyfriends and/or girlfriends.

Try not to insult that which you don't understand.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

I think that I might?
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

LISTEN TO THE MEMBERS.

Tell us what is wrong then! All you're saying is that we suck!
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

I outlined my basic thingy.. more development work. Move away from just focusing on support groups.

In the big scheme of things, support groups really aren't that much.