Any Way I Could Get This Changed By Administration

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
love_not_war
Loyal

Any Way I Could Get This Changed By Administration

Post by love_not_war »

at school today. there doing tese Moe Olymic things... and today they had the secoond part.. and it was where the person got on there partners sholders and they had to knock the other people off there partners sholders.... oaky, well i had no problem with this... BUT... they had to use real FISH to knock em off.. this upset me... but they were already dead, so there was nothing i could really do.. BUT BUT! the people started riping the the fish in half... one guy riped the head off, took the body, and rubed the bloody fish body in this girls face and all over her arms, and then everyone started riping the heads off and throwing them, and laughing, and thinking it was funny..... yes, yes.... they were dead.. so the fish didnt mind.... but... thoes poor fish were once living.. and they were killed to feed someon... not to be riped apart in a high school campus circle... i find this very rude... and im prolly just bitching about nothing... but this goes on every yr... is there any thing i could do to get it stoped.. or at least have the fish treated better... i mean, c'mon... how would u like for a fish to take you out of air and drown you, then have fish rip ur head off and throw your body around as if it were nothing!
Muh eLJay[livejournal]

"*Don't be a drag baby...

I dig you a lot, and if it makes any difference, I'm in the band.

No no no, I don't sing.

No, I don't play guitar.

I play tambourine...lead tambourine!*"

"I Try To Look At Your Face, But All I Can See Are Your Breast!"

"It Really Hurted When I Banged The Floor!!"

"A Fry With No Salt Is Like A Butt With No Hair!!!"

"My Tummy Just Went 'BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH' haha!"

"*So don't let the world bring you down,

Not everyone here is that fucked up and cold.

Remember why you came and while you're alive,

Experience the warmth before you grow old.*"
messedup
Needs Another Hobby

Re: Any Way I Could Get This Changed By Administration

Post by messedup »

Originally posted by love_not_war@May 18 2004, 08:58 PM

i mean, c'mon... how would u like for a fish to take you out of air and drown you, then have fish rip ur head off and throw your body around as if it were nothing!

That's disturbing. :P

If it really bothers you that bad, you should go talk to your principal. Even if he can't do anything about it, which I'm sure he can, he can tell you who to talk to that can get something done.
Danielle
Michie
Veteran

Post by Michie »

I agree. This is so unethical!

I'd talk to your principal, and get it to stop.

I mean, people are killing bundles of fish, and tearing them apart ....

For Entertainment!!!

(okay I may have exaggerated a little bit there)

People have got to find more humane ways to entertain themselves.

If a vegetarian saw this, he/she'd be furious. It's one thing to dissect animals in bioligy class-see, that's for educational purposes, and in the long run will help doctors save lives.

But this 'ritual' is another thing. It's just wrong.
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

That is UNETHICAL. in psychogy, it would be seen as putting someone in distress (seeing as its upset you and prob a few other people). Tell your head teacher, and if he/she cant do anything, have a petition and get people to sign it. They would very likely listen to the student body if they dont listen to you.
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
poetic_queeny
Loyal

Post by poetic_queeny »

talk to your head teacher, let them know why it makes you uncofmy, at least if he/she cant stop it they could give you permission to do sumthing else when this goes on so you cant see it or be involved in it
When i cry i need you to wipe away all my tears....

Take away those fears....

and crush all bad i hear....

i am here to help...hannah_banana_sultana@hotmail.com if you need me...or email me on here :)

evrything you wana tell me will be respected and will be helped to the greatest of ability, and also the highest level of confidentiality
love_not_war
Loyal

Post by love_not_war »

i go to a schol called Moncache(i think thats how its spelled)... its in cali.. the thing is... even if i tried to get a patition going to get it stoped... no one would help me, exept my friends... the school was all fucking into it and all.. and it happens every yr.... so by now, if someone didnt like it, someone would tried to stop it already..... like if a Sr. didnt, they would had four yrs to stop it.... but everyone loves it... but its mean.. i dont think the head person in the school really cares, seeing as to how she was watching the whole thing with some of the otehr facilty.... theres nothing i can really do about it this yr, i guess, since its already over and all.... but they announce em like a week before they actualy go on, as aoon as they announce em next yr, im gonna make some big ol fuss to get them stoped.... well, not stoped, cuz its a fun activite for the end of the year.... but when the event where the fish come it... get something used otehr than fish.... but i dont know how to go about it.... i really dont think a patition would work.. Sr.s and Jr.s love it, and freshmen would be to scared or shit... (sorry for talking alot on this post...) well i best be off... any more suggestions would be greatly appriciated!
Muh eLJay[livejournal]

No no no, I don't sing.

No, I don't play guitar.

flavaoftheweak
Veteran

Post by flavaoftheweak »

uhm, how do you not know how to spell the name of the school you go to?

im a veggie, and im not freaking. i have problems with dissection, but that is because many of the animals are injected with embalming fluid while still alive. seeing embalming fluid smells horrible, and rids the body of blood, i dont think these fish were embalmed. do you know how they get the fish? do they just catch them? i mean, i do stand up for animal rights, but usually i keep it to myself, informing and talking to people that have asked me about it, only. otherwise i seem like a veggie zealot. not cool.

if it makes you angry, tell someone. if you cant spell petition, i dont recommend writing one, seeing i dont think it will do much good in the first place. school is a beauracracy, the administration does what it pleases. you could talk to a counselor, teacher, SRO, or pricipal, but you'd probably only get an explanation of how the ritual came about, seeing i dont think that if it was not allowed in school, that they would of just stood around while kids got smeared in fish blood.

good luck.
lets unwravel the egde of time...

without the bad times, the good times wouldnt be so sweet.

BAOF!

its the little things people say that make your whole day worthwile...
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Hun if you need help writing a petition, tell me and I'll do my best. I'm an okay writer.
-Sam!
flavaoftheweak
Veteran

Post by flavaoftheweak »

somehow i doubt that peta will get too involved. i havent seen anything on peta about anything but angling.
lets unwravel the egde of time...

without the bad times, the good times wouldnt be so sweet.

BAOF!

its the little things people say that make your whole day worthwile...
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

*agrees with her* i dont think its gonna happen
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
She
Veteran

Post by She »

Um. I hate to be the dissenting opinion here, but if you don't approve.. don't get involved. It's a dead fish, one of millions that are raised to be killed every year. If you find it disturbing, you shouldn't have to participate. The fish probably does not care. It's this, be chewed up and broken down into feces, or rot in the market.

By the way, does PETA make it its business to defend the honor of dead fish?
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
love_not_war
Loyal

Post by love_not_war »

with rast, i agree.... She.. you know how many people are starving? you know how many people in the world are dying of hunger? you how many people would have loved to have that fish.... my school used about 10... that could of fed a few familys.. yes, i understand, they are raised to be killed.... but they are raised to be killed, so they can be EATEN.. NOT used in the way they were in a high school campus....

i dont think peta would get involved either..
Muh eLJay[livejournal]

No no no, I don't sing.

No, I don't play guitar.