Reply To Announcement

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Re: Reply To Announcement

Post by Toy Soldier »

All of this arguing is really getting boring. and the problem (which that teenhelp removed chit chat in the 1st place to get more help on the forums although there was already help there) has resulted in an even bigger problem-that people are coming on to General and complaing about it. Do sumthing-bring back chit chat, self expression, anything to just stop people arguing. Its all the same arguments over and over and its making me worried to come on here in case sumthing else bad has happened, what have we come on here? Theres going to be sumthing like the 1905 Revevolution in Russia (ok, maybe not as extreme but still). And thats because Nicholas 1st did not listen to his people. That story is true and has a moral. (Most of) Admin, try and look at both sides of the story, ok?
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

I've noticed that they wanted people to help so they took away chit chat.

Doing that they created all of these other threads which talk about why chit chat is gone, which also distract from helping. Everyone is now fighting instead of helping as opposed to chit chating instead of helping.

I think this is all I'm going to say on this topic from now on. My warning level just can't take it.
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
Tree Fingers
Loyal

Post by Tree Fingers »

Originally posted by Rob@May 26 2004, 12:50 PM

Self Expression, yes.

Current Events, maybe. It never hurt anyone to keep up to date with the news and happenings.

It just hurts them not to.
Eowyn
Veteran

Post by Eowyn »

The point is that people were getting help with chit chat. And from what I see they still are now-so what's your point-
Love is you

........ You and me

...............Love is knowing

...............................we can be

<3 Matthew McNeal<3

.oO sHeLlY Oo.
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Originally posted by Tree Fingers+May 26 2004, 01:27 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Tree Fingers @ May 26 2004, 01:27 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-Rob@May 26 2004, 12:50 PM

Self Expression, yes.

Current Events, maybe. It never hurt anyone to keep up to date with the news and happenings.

It just hurts them not to.[/b][/quote]

Good Lord, amen.

Current Events was the biggest loss, in my opinion. It helps teens get into political discussion at an early age, which is very important. Most political discussion groups are quite hostile to young people, especially those not very knowledgeable.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

Originally posted by Brad+May 26 2004, 02:13 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Brad @ May 26 2004, 02:13 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by Tree Fingers@May 26 2004, 01:27 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Rob
@May 26 2004, 12:50 PM

Self Expression, yes.

It just hurts them not to.

Good Lord, amen.

Current Events was the biggest loss, in my opinion. It helps teens get into political discussion at an early age, which is very important. Most political discussion groups are quite hostile to young people, especially those not very knowledgeable.[/b][/quote]

Exactly. That's the main reason that i'm fighting this.
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

ΔΦ of ΔΚΕ #981 Class of 2004

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

I loved Current Events.. Everytime I fight about this though people tell me to "chill out", and to go somewhere else. I came here and now they tell me to go somewhere else. Ok guess people will get less help since their solution is just to get rid of people who don't like it.
RIP Parsa<33
silvertears
Loyal

Post by silvertears »

Originally posted by ice queen@May 25 2004, 04:13 AM

It doesn't seem fair. I used the chit-chat as a means of relaxing, i often found the "help" too slow and not enough of a stress relief so i would just relax there.

Why not open just one chit-chat forum. I'm sure it would cut down on the ammount being posted.

I totally felt the same way.. I think this is crap, i loved the chit chat forum, especially the self expression and fashion, the self expression really gave me different outlooks on things... Im just really really mad they you all would take that out just because a couple of people said that they didnt want it to speed up the help process...

I'm not sure if i even want to be a member now that it is gone :wallbash:
I'm a poor wayfaring stranger

While traveling thru this world of woe

Yet there's no sickness, toil, or danger

In that bright world to which I go

I'm going there to see my Father

I'm going there no more to roam

I'm only going over Jordan

I'm only going over home

I know dark clouds will hang 'round me,

I know my way is rough and steep

Yet beauteous fields lie just before me

Where God's redeemed their virgils keep

I'm going there to see my mother

She said she'd meet me when I come

I'm only going over home

~?~My?Photobucket~?~
silvertears
Loyal

Post by silvertears »

((((VERY VERY SORRY IF THIS HAS BEEN SAYED ALREADY, I HAVENT READ ALL THE POSTS))))

You know, i think they should put a poll up to see the MAJORITY votes of who wants the forum back and who dont...
I'm a poor wayfaring stranger

While traveling thru this world of woe

Yet there's no sickness, toil, or danger

In that bright world to which I go

I'm going there to see my Father

I'm going there no more to roam

I'm only going over home

I know dark clouds will hang 'round me,

I know my way is rough and steep

Yet beauteous fields lie just before me

Where God's redeemed their virgils keep

I'm going there to see my mother

She said she'd meet me when I come

I'm only going over home

~?~My?Photobucket~?~
Michie
Veteran

Post by Michie »

*Deleted by Michie*
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!
four
Veteran

Post by four »

NAAM
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
FryGuy
Veteran

Post by FryGuy »

I know there are many people upset by the loss of ChitChat. I hardly used it myself, but I did see the need for it. Teenagers aren't robots, we like to have fun. Chit Chat was the part of the site to do that. I understand that people may have been complaining about not getting help, but I have seen quite a few topics that I have no way to respond to because I've never had to deal with topics like that. I know I'm not alone in that. Sometimes problems teens face aren't ones that anyone else can reasonably help with.

From reading this thread, and the many others related to it, I can see now that the entirity of the TeenHelp community has been lied to. Not by each other, but by the people in charge. The people who set out to help and work with teens. Personally I think the main Admins(OD and Skye), have grown up, grown past understanding how the average teenager works.

*POSTED EDITED* General Rule #10, "No spamming. Spamming is advertising other sites in areas other than chit-chat, and/or posting multiple topics in multiple forums."
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" ~Plato

.533K:

"One death is a tragedy,

One million deaths is a statistic" ~Joseph Stalin
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Originally posted by FryGuy@May 29 2004, 03:59 PM

I know there are many people upset by the loss of ChitChat. I hardly used it myself, but I did see the need for it. Teenagers aren't robots, we like to have fun. Chit Chat was the part of the site to do that. I understand that people may have been complaining about not getting help, but I have seen quite a few topics that I have no way to respond to because I've never had to deal with topics like that. I know I'm not alone in that. Sometimes problems teens face aren't ones that anyone else can reasonably help with.

From reading this thread, and the many others related to it, I can see now that the entirity of the TeenHelp community has been lied to. Not by each other, but by the people in charge. The people who set out to help and work with teens. Personally I think the main Admins(OD and Skye), have grown up, grown past understanding how the average teenager works.

*POSTED EDITED* General Rule #10, "No spamming. Spamming is advertising other sites in areas other than chit-chat, and/or posting multiple topics in multiple forums."
We have not lost sight of what teenagers like. We are very in-tune with that.

I, myself, am still a teenager.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
FryGuy
Veteran

Post by FryGuy »

Well I'm not too sure how I can be violating a rule due the fact that there IS NO CHIT CHAT!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" ~Plato

.533K:

"One death is a tragedy,

One million deaths is a statistic" ~Joseph Stalin
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

I hardly ever see anyone on this website anymore :'( I hate the actual fact its too quiet...

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

RIP Parsa<33
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

I'm scared of saying much on this website now in case I get into trouble...

Angel Breaks says:

OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

I think the person who put that warning got mistaken-they've just started being a mod.

Angel Breaks says: