Comprimise Reached

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Re: Comprimise Reached

Post by LedZep04 »

I could say whatever I want purple chick. I thought this place actually was cool until now. Anyways it's not my site of course but uh... hello it's for the people. Why else would it be here? Anyways I'm over talking to you guys isnce it's so useless. Don't even bother replying to me b/c I don't even care anymore. Late.
RIP Parsa<33
xJuliex
Needs Another Hobby

Post by xJuliex »

If you don't care anymore, why'd you even make that post???

Anywho, if I had the power, I'd lock this topic, cause I'm seriously getting annoyed...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ONE TREE HILL RULES!!!
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

Doug was a member and yes I asked him to post it and he even said that it was approved by the admins.... so if you look at it from this point of view - it's approved, an admin didnt remove this post, an admin commented on it saying he approved it, it just so happens that this admin has a full time job (where I am at right now) and a full time girlfriend (to whom I am seeing tonight) and still have enough time to A, setup better applications on teenhelp, B, add articles to the website, C, setup helpnet (YES HELPNET IS COMING BACK!!!!!!!!), D, taking care of posts in my forums on the SG's, and between all of that, I lose sleep because of it. Last night I had 4 hours of sleep.... tonight, maybe the same.

well, why dont you try shifts?
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

so where do we walk about news and politics?
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

no where because they just seem to not care.
RIP Parsa<33
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Thank you, Doug, for taking it upon yourself to represent the entire member base to make a deal that we have not agreed to.
-Sam!
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

Originally posted by Cellfone Boi@May 26 2004, 03:40 PM

Thank you, Doug, for taking it upon yourself to represent the entire member base to make a deal that we have not agreed to.

I kind of have to agree with you. I do appreciate that he attempted to handle this, and did take action...but I was not pushing for a compromise. Personally, I felt the admin made a mistake.
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

ΔΦ of ΔΚΕ #981 Class of 2004

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

No, I don't appreciate that he did this at all. He was not doing the members a favor by 'GOING INTO NEGOTIATION' with an administrator who clearly does not give a flying turd about what the members think. Now I'm going to be frank, and that usually gets me in trouble, so I'll word this very carefully. Adam, this is a TEEN HELP SITE. You say it all the time, it was your reasoning for removing the Chit-Chat forums in the first place.

However you then tell us that HELPING is your FOURTH priority and OPERATION is your FIRST. Something tells me that is just a little screwed up. After all, it is a HELP SITE.

Sure, someone's got to run it, and I don't mean to say the site runs itself, but I haven't seen any big changes on TeenHelp in the last few months. The chat server will run on its own, a server is self-sufficient. You have opers, they handle problems in there. And I don't think that if the server goes down, it would rain on your engagement plans to put it up.

Furthermore, I am disgusted by the fact that you use priorities as a reason in this matter; how does the chit-chat area produce an effect on the site's physical state. Takes up a little bandwidth maybe, sure, but that was not your reason for pulling it.

Now I understand this may not stick around for long, but I'm sure you've noticed the 71 bazillion threads (69.2 bazillion of which were CLOSED for NO REASON) in which the USERS are screaming for the lounge back. Now, without USERS, TeenHelp is NOTHING, and I am CERTAINLY a dissatisfied user.

That doesn't mean I'll leave either, because I am here to help ANY time someone needs me. You guys all remember that, PM me if you need to. You want an opinion on a poem you wrote or a story, PM IT TO ME. I will take the time to read it. Because you know what guys, without us (the users, the people who care about each other) TeenHelp.org is NOTHING. Thank you and have a nice day.
-Sam!
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

woo go you!!! BRING BACK CHIT CHAT NOW@#@#$@!$
RIP Parsa<33
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Helen I can host one without ads for you.... 2.0 if you want. Want me to get that setup?
-Sam!
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

It's OK dude. Set this one up now.
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Which one?
-Sam!
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

:furious: Ya know what? I'm sorry I ever tried to help you guys. I thought MAYBE if something happened that was SOMEWHAT good you people would appreciate it. Am I the ONLY one that has figured out that all of this insane bitching is going to get you NOWHERE?!?

That's it, I'm done. You want to moan and complain? Go ahead, it won't do you a damn bit of good. I'm sorry that you can't look past your own little lives and look at all of the other people on this site. Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, you are not the most important person on this website?

I was trying to do this to help people, but all it has done is bring insults and hatred towards me. I'm sick of this shit. You people say that you've come here to help people, but all you do is look out for your own interests and complain when things don't go your way. THINGS CHANGE and you just have to deal with it!

I know I'm going to get all kinds of shit for this, but I don't really care anymore. Enjoy the rest of your lives...

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
iHEAVENn2
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn2 »

Doug dont worry bout the complainers. Ignore em. Cheer up be happy. and eat M&Ms -hugs- :)
Once in a lifetime, you find the one you really love.

For now and forever, one love that never ends.

Once in a lifetime, when every star that lights the sky.

Will shine with one reason, leading your heart to the one love you find.

Just once in your life..

Once in a lifetime, you find the one you really love.

For now and forever, one love that never ends.

Just once in a lifetime...

Soda tart!!

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.
Michie
Veteran

Post by Michie »

Honestly I agree with Doug. He went out of his way to do something about the probs we had with Chit Chat and stuff. He did for our sake, and not only his.

We should be commending him for doing something, while the rest of us sat on our butts complaining post after post...and where did it get us? The posts were locked up and deleted. And the more we kvetch and biotch, the more useless it's becoming. Meanwhile, Doug talked to the admin regarding our concerns, in private (not posting like mad like us), and got us a compermise.

Kudos to you Doug. :not-worthy: And let us hope we all become as sincere and mature as he is.

Seriously guys. We'd better grow up. Regardless of the fact that this site is run by admin, we still have it pretty good here. They did something we didn't agree to. So what? Governments do that all the time. We may not agree with all their decisions, but we should support them anyways. move on. Let's move on. This Chit Chat ban isn't the end of the world.

And with that, I cease speakking about this topic for evermore. I'm tired of complainin
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

-Sam!
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

4. There will be no disrespect to others including but not limited to: Users, Administrators, Moderators, Super-Moderators, or anyone on these forums. This also means no pointing fingers. If you do not agree with the persons' opinion, you are expected to be open-minded and courteous to them.
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

4. There will be no disrespect to others including but not limited to: Users, Administrators, Moderators, Super-Moderators, or anyone on these forums. This also means no pointing fingers. If you do not agree with the persons' opinion, you are expected to be open-minded and courteous to them.
RIP Parsa<33