Not Doing Work!

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Love2Laugh08
Veteran

Not Doing Work!

Post by Love2Laugh08 »

Okay well I just finished 8th grade and im in summer but anyways I just recently,

* the last 2 months of school * I became so bored of school and didnt do my homework?! I used to do it in 6th and 7th but I found myself doing it less and less and just doing it the next day or getting the asnwers from someone else! but it got bad the last month of school becuase I would read a book or write a note and not listen. <--- history class. In math.... :wallbash: ugh!! Im in a kinda advanced but not? confusing but thats how they have it. Regular, Needs help, Advanced, and Kinda advanced.... anyways well in math Im soooo confused!!! I rearely listen in that class and when I do I get nothing!!! In 6th and 7th they told you how to do and it and it so simple but now you have to do things b4 you can even solve a problem! I try to understand * when I listen * and when I ask for help it still doesnt work!! We just started using the more advanced calculartors?? I forgot the name lol and using SIN COS and TAN??? I dont know?? like opposite ajacent???? Im so counfused!! :wacko: why cant I understand!! It seems everyone else does but me!!!!!!!!!!!! in my other classes i just dont listen!!??? like science.....ugh soooooo boring!! and I dont understand it!! I cant remember all the information they tell us!! I used to have problems with reading books becuase I could read 50 pages and not know whats going on... thats how my school is to my mind??? * I still kinda do that with books * anyways I cant really concentrate in class and im scared for high school because my sister said they expect you to know middle school things..... :wallbash: Do I have a problem?????????????????? please help help help!!!
Doug
Veteran

Re: Not Doing Work!

Post by Doug »

No, you just get lazy at the end of the year. We all do it. I have to go back to school Tuesday to finish a missing assignment in English because I didn't do anything the last 2 weeks of class (I had like 4 or 5 last thursday). Only difference is that I apparently have an excuse, it's called senioritis.

That's beside the point....don't worry too much. You don't have any problems, you're just normal.

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Hey...

I am in the Honors part of my class and i get bored at the end of the year...I have to like force myself to do my homework and pay attention. I feel soo guilty because instead of reading the book for English i got summaries off of the internet! (:'() becuase i was soo tired of school...

But yeah, whatever you learn in middle school, it gets built apon in high school...just like what you learned in elemetary was bulit apon n middle school...

~Jeff~
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Haha, Jeff, I was in an AP English class and most of the class got summaries off of SparkNotes. Yeah, it's not that rare... :P

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
Love2Laugh08
Veteran

Post by Love2Laugh08 »

I understand what you mean but I've never done this in my other grades.... I went to my teacher for Language arts and I had 48%.... thats the lowest I ever got.... I always get a's and b's but i got a,b,c,and 1 d....... But why cant I understand!!!!!!! like I siad everyone else does their work! I think I just totally didnt care!! I mean I want the grades but I dont wanna work for them... :unsure:
Memphis38128
Loyal

Post by Memphis38128 »

Well,yes that is getting lazy at not doing work toward the end of the school year.Most teacher don't give out that much work,others do.