Kinda Useless

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Sovek
Loyal

Kinda Useless

Post by Sovek »

Ok, Im just now taking up piano, but the only time I can practice is at church and thats not for very long. I keep searching for a keyboard but all I find is 60+ keys and what im searching for is 88 keys, and they are all up above $200, I want something that is used, for about $100-$150. anyone know where I can find one that cheap?
Flush the Johns, Vote republican

<span style=\'color:BLUE\' Ten out of ten terrorist support John F'in Kerry for president

Sovek
Loyal

Re: Kinda Useless

Post by Sovek »

oh yeah I tried ebay, first place I looked $1,000+, and for now a 61 key would work.... for now key word, Im looking around right now though

<span style=\'color:BLUE\' Ten out of ten terrorist support John F'in Kerry for president

daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

Piano is a very expensive thing to take up! I learnt the organ, only not the standard way of learning the organ which means when faced with actual organ music I don't have a clue how to play one!

Yeah.. playing the piano is really really expensive. The lessons and the equipment and everything.

Any reason why you want to learn the piano? There are cheaper and easier instruments out there.
Sovek
Loyal

Post by Sovek »

one of my adult church freinds gave me a learn by yourself piano book, wich costs about $10 :D but the piano is easier to learn, sides that its able to play alot more notes than my favorite, the Clarinet

$180 for a piano aint bad but with normal you have to worry about it being out of tune, something breaking in wich it costs money for someone to come and fix it. Keyboard you just set it down, plug it in and start playing.

emotionalcutie
Veteran

Post by emotionalcutie »

Originally posted by Sovek@Jun 18 2004, 01:38 PM

one of my adult church freinds gave me a learn by yourself piano book, wich costs about $10 :D but the piano is easier to learn, sides that its able to play alot more notes than my favorite, the Clarinet

$180 for a piano aint bad but with normal you have to worry about it being out of tune, something breaking in wich it costs money for someone to come and fix it. Keyboard you just set it down, plug it in and start playing.

Wow I've never heard of a piano being that cheap.
*KT*

*Give Into The Sweet Temptation*

<span style="color:royal blue"-::SMIRRRRRNOFFF::-

**chit-chat**
Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh »

Cool.. I think its cool that you're learning piano.. i've been playing for 9 years and I have to say practicing sucks but once you know how its a lot of fun..

I think you should save your money- try to get as much as you can to get an 88-key that you can afford- even if its 180$, because 88- key is worth it.. its probably pretty annoying playing on a short piano...

Maybe do a search for discount electric pianos or whatever they're called- theres got to be something, but i think the more expensive the more quality unfortunately
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
Sovek
Loyal

Post by Sovek »

Id prefer to have a Yamaha keyboard though (touch sensitive) and the only 88 key keyboard is the DXG 500 wich runs about $500-$700 well out of my price range, and my parents are in shape to chip in, my dads hours have been cut badly soo no help from them. Sides Im learning to play the piano so I can play hymns on it, I have no plans on playing in a concert.

Halo_n_Horns
Veteran

Post by Halo_n_Horns »

ebay if that doesnt work, check local newspaper ads...or put one in urself saying exactly what your looking for!
<span style="font-family:Geneva"

TEACHERS PET

Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

Could you trying like using one at school for the time being whilst you're saving up your money? Or use a mates?

I learnt how to play the keyboard when i was younger. When I went to Bedford they made me play the keyboard. It may the same instrument, just the keyboard being an electronic keyboard, but I preferred playing the keyboard to the piano. Im just wierd. Good luck anyways.
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future