Help For My Friend

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Six_Stringed_Demon
Loyal

Help For My Friend

Post by Six_Stringed_Demon »

i have a friend, she is a Muslim and lives with her parents and she is 17. However her father is trying to force her to go to an uni in Egypt, which she doesn't want to do at all. She feels she cannot live her life, and she is merely existing to please her father. She really made him to out to be so harsh, apparantly she is not allowed out because of the posability of catching SARS :wacko:

Anyway the only way she can escape being forced to go to this uni in Egypt is to stand up to her father, but she doesn't feel stong enough, (i am in England by the way) does anyone know any support numbers / websites she can contact in order to get professional help to stop her father doing this?

I am scared that soon i will lose a friend as she will go to Egypt as to not disapoint her family. She was in absolute tears about it all she doesn't want to go at all.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Doug
Veteran

Re: Help For My Friend

Post by Doug »

I found these for the United Kingdom from teenadviceonline.org/gethelp/numbers.html....

Careline -offers counselling and advice on any subject 020 8514 1177

Youth Access - provides numbers for counselling/ advisory services 020 8514 1177

Family-line UK - support for family with problems 0845 756 7800

The British Association For Counselling 01788 550899

Youth 2 Youth (support and advice available) 020 8896 3675

I got this from helpnothassle.org...

If you would like to speak with someone now, please call

800-920-9688,

661-257-9688 or

800-843-5200

It's long-distance to a place in California. Seems legit to me.

Tell me if you need more, I'd be glad to help. Good luck though...

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
OverDrive
Veteran

Re: Help For My Friend

Post by OverDrive »

Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.