Teenhelp.org

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
justmesomeone

Re: Teenhelp.org

Post by justmesomeone »

Originally posted by kneesofmybees@Jun 24 2004, 10:23 PM

the site is really the member's collective property technically, intellectual property, because i've never seen any condition saying that anything you post on this site becomes property of teenhelp..

as per the database, if adam had admin privs, its a wide open door.. there was no theft..

its kinda like what the insurance company says when you report your car stolen and you left the keys in it.

moving right along though.. i hereby grant all my post rights to adam marshall [sans the poety which is still copyright me.]

* correction, it is already adam's property..

wrong. I read the terms of service when it was on teenhelp.org that all posts become property of Teenhelp.org.

The terms of of service has been altered quite a lot to try cover the tracks of Adam and his theft.
justmesomeone

Post by justmesomeone »

here are the proper Terms of service teenhelp had when Adam decided to do a criminal act.

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:s_8j ... tos+&hl=en
justmesomeone

Post by justmesomeone »

It won't let me edit my post so here's more....

Original TOS
TeenHelp welcomes Your comments on its site and Content. However, You acknowledge that if You send us creative suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, inventions or other information, (collectively, the "Information"), the Information shall be deemed, and shall remain, the property of TeenHelp. By submission of any Information to us, You assign to us and we shall exclusively own all now known or hereafter existing rights to such Information and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Information for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to You.

As a visitor of this site, You are responsible for Your own communications and are responsible for the consequences of their posting. Therefore, do not do any of the following things: transmit to us material that is copyrighted, unless You are the copyright owner or have the permission of the copyright owner to post it; send material that reveals trade secrets, unless You own them or have the permission of the owner; send material that infringes on any other intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others; send material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, or embarrassing to another user or any other person or entity; send sexually explicit images; send advertisements or solicitations of business; send chain letters or pyramid schemes; or impersonate another person.

Altered TOS

HelpingTeens welcomes Your comments on its site and Content. However, You acknowledge that if You send us creative suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, inventions or other information, (collectively, the "Information"), the Information shall be deemed, and shall remain, the property of the website Administrators of HelpingTeens, provided that the site is non-profit. By submission of any Information to us, You assign to us and we shall exclusively own all now known or hereafter existing rights to such Information and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Information for any purpose whatsoever, without compensation to You. <newIf the Domain name is ever sold, the content remains the property of the Administrators to make sure that the principal of this site with all of it's content stays online. This content's principal is to remain non-profit at all costs.

As a visitor of this site, You are responsible for Your own communications and are responsible for the consequences of their posting. Therefore, do not do any of the following things: transmit to us material that is copyrighted, unless You are the copyright owner or have the permission of the copyright owner to post it; send material that reveals trade secrets, unless You own them or have the permission of the owner; send material that infringes on any other intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others; send material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, or embarrassing to another user or any other person or entity; send sexually explicit images; send advertisements or solicitations of business; send chain letters or pyramid schemes; or impersonate another person.

Not to mention all the other sections in the TOS where Adam tries to covers his tracks.

http://www.helpingteens.org/index.php?p=tos

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:2ru4 ... tml+&hl=en
Sovek
Loyal

Post by Sovek »

You cant seriously belive the new owner can you? or rather are you the new owner, sure looks like it with 3 posts, two of em at least in this thread. Adam did what was right, TH was NOT about making money, and Im gonna look at the HT terms of services btw.

Adam, if you read this, Thankyou for not letting TH or HT getting turned into a money maker.

Besides, even if it was "infringing" on copyrights, could change the way the sight looks, then delete all posts, then we re-write every sticky post out there :P Then lets see you call it copyrighted :furious:

P.S. Im sorry but I dont see the so called, covering of tracks part, You need to go shut up and stick with TH if you think Adam has "stolen" this site, besides I belive that he now owns the HT domain, along with this board.
Flush the Johns, Vote republican

<span style=\'color:BLUE\' Ten out of ten terrorist support John F'in Kerry for president

Sovek
Loyal

Post by Sovek »

Also, just because you own the domain name does not mean you own the contents of the site, This bord is pwwered by (freaking forgot the name) so..... wait wouldnt the people hosting the board ALSO own the contents. See this doesnt make sense.

<span style=\'color:BLUE\' Ten out of ten terrorist support John F'in Kerry for president

justmesomeone

Post by justmesomeone »

NO, I am not the new TH owner lol.

ADAM has never owned the domain NOR site content. If Mike sold the domain name, then he still ownes the content.

Adam has no right to the content and never has had.

i don't like the fact that the new owner wants to make money from it, but that's NOT the point.

Adam has took all content from teen help, graphics, temnplates, articles... everything which the TEENHELP (not helping teens) says it's copyrighted by TEEN HELP.

Yes, adam ownes the helpingteens.org domain NAME and should not of stolen the content from teen help. He chous of created new forums, new posts and new articles and not taken it all from a copyrighted site.

And yes, Adam has tried to conver his tracks, you can seet he panick editing of the new terms and conditions. Thankfully google cached teenhelp's terms of service before adam deleted everythinf froma site he has never owned.

"This bord is pwwered by (freaking forgot the name) so..... "

what are you talking about ? Yes, it's powered by a SCRIPT called Invision Power Board. That's nothing to do with anything.

I just hope this situation gets sorted out without too much hurt on both sides.
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

It's a pity that not many people will understand this though, thats why it's possible to get away with it.

Oh well, teenhelp is the domain with the massive load of traffic. It's a pity that it's pointing to the fbi site now.
Sovek
Loyal

Post by Sovek »

WRONG, just because you own the domain name does not mean you own everything, My mother can tell you that much. She plays around computer graphics (http://www.pituts.com) and she hosts my site (startrek.pituts.com) but she does not own my site and everything on it. Its like saying you host on something like Tripod and telling you they own everything. And tell me this, WHAT REASON does Adam have for "stealing" everything and putting it up on a domain name he now owns? Due to circumstances, Im more inclined to lean on adams side, as is everyone else here, I dont think your gonna get much respect here anymore.

P.S. I still cant find the "new TOS" so uhh, please share link to where it is, oh wait, you cant cause it doesnt exist.

justmesomeone

Post by justmesomeone »

as i mention in my OTHER post, here is the link http://www.helpingteens.org/index.php?p=tos .

Try looking next time.

And yes, it depends on what was bought and Mike Fox bought the WHOLE site, forum's content, domain name.. it was HIS or whoevers, but it's NOT Adam's and was never at any point his.

If the new owner bought only the domain from MIKE which I highly doubt, then the content still belongs to mike. The template, the pages, the scripts etc etc etc.

Unless Mike only sold the NAME, and gave ADAM permission to use the whole content, then what adam is doing is against the USA and canada copyright laws.

Example, I have a website. i own the domain and the CONTENT and it's copyrighted to my name. if anyone takes it without MY permission, They are in serious trouble.

Welcome to the world of copyright, and content ownage.

I would have more respect for Adam if he made a new site to go with his new name.. The content has never belonged to him.
justmesomeone

Post by justmesomeone »

She plays around computer graphics (http://www.pituts.com) and she hosts my site (startrek.pituts.com) but she does not own my site and everything on it. Its like saying you host on something like Tripod and telling you they own everything.

Dude, it's not the same thing. We are not talking about hosting, but rather site content. if someone makes a site and if it's in their terms of service that what you submit is copyright by them, then it's thiers and you are agreeing by that by using thier service.

The think is, teenhelp's content was copyrighted by the site owner, Mike Fox. The graphics, the templates, site content.

Mike fox didn't just own the domain NAME, but the content and whole SITE.

I know a lot about copyright, i spent the last 2 years reading up on that stuff.

So, It would be ok for me to go to your site (startrek.pituts.com), take everyting in it, and take a complete copy of YOUR work , just put it on a different name?

No.

Copyright. You created your site, i am not allowed to touch the content. Your mom own's the name, but not your site content.

Mike owned the site content and site name, which he bought from Branden.

Adam needed permission to take what he did and I would of had more respect for him if he did that.
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

They're right, the entire content was copyrighted to the domain name and the TOS shouldn't have been changed if what was happening was legal.

But there we go, these things happen on the net and I doubt the new owner is too bothered about suing when they've got a new site to work on and all the traffic which teenhelp.org domain gets.

They could put up a simple html design and a link to a free forum and get over 100 new users in the first 24 hours.

That's the net.
Sovek
Loyal

Post by Sovek »

What does even matter? the new owner doesnt really care about hosting a forum or anything, Or else he wouldnt have deleted everything.

case
Loyal

Post by case »

Teenlight Mentoring <--- Go There!!

I Love ASHLEY so freaking much!!! I LOVE YOU HUNNY!! *muah muah*

"To be loved is one thing. To love someone is another. To be loved by the one you love is everything." - Anonymous
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Actually.. Teenhelp.org was Mike Foxx's, at least the domain. However, in all actuality, the hosting was property of Skye [who attained the hosting]. Just because the TOS said 'Mike' doesn't make it so.

It is actually Adam and Skye's intellectual property because they attained the hosting. I can give you credit for producing my film, but that doesn't mean you own it..
--nj