Owner Of Teenhelp.org Speaks.

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
winston
Loyal

Owner Of Teenhelp.org Speaks.

Post by winston »

Hi everyone.

My name is Winston and I just thought that you guys might also want to hear from me... perhaps hear my side of the story. I'm the guy stuck in the middle.

You see, recently my brother's good friend commited suicide. Heart broken, he wanted to start something to help teens out. When I found this website (TeenHelp.org) on eBay, I thought to myself... what better way than this to help my brother recover from his friend's death as well as giving him a platform to begin helping teens in need. My motivations were not just to provide support for my brother, but as well to teach him how to be a webmaster (of course I would've watched him closely) and perhaps recover some of the money put into buying this site with a few ads.

So, I coughed up a hard earned $3501 dollars to pay Mike from the UK (which is 2 months salary for me). The rest of the story, I'm sure you know. I'm an honest and good person. You can even ask Skye and Adam that I have not lied to them once.. I've been completely honest with them. I'm not playing down how much time and effort and love Adam and Skye put into this site... but just realize that a honest person just had 2 months of hard work taken from him.

Right now, I'm trying to recover losses. Still trying to work with Adam and Skye to see if we can reconcile the 2 websites somehow... otherwise, you might expect to find something at TeenHelp.org in the near future. Now, I'm not asking you guys to do anything... but just to listen, because I tell you, sometimes it's hard to sleep at night knowing that you had so much taken from you.

I wish the best for this community. I hope the admins keep this up, because it is only the truth.

-Winston
Nj
Veteran

Re: Owner Of Teenhelp.org Speaks.

Post by Nj »

Nothing was taken from you, You bought the teenhelp domain, and you have it. Neither you nor Mike Foxx ever foot the bill for the host space, therfor he did not own the property and you do not own the property. I believe that right is to whoever attained the hosting.

I apologize for your brother's loss, but letting a child who obviously a bit emotionally unstable, run a massive community is a huge mistake. Adam, Skye, Cindy, and all the admins selflessly contributed their time to teenhelp, and Mike selfishly ripped the domain from beneath them, and you selfishly bought it as some 'therapy' for your younger sibling..

Let me tell you this, on behalf of many people. We are not your little brother's therapy..

i can think of a better way to blow $3,000... eg: a shrink.
--nj

Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Well all I can say is I'm glad the site's in your hands instead of Adam's.
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
winston
Loyal

Post by winston »

Last I checked, this site was a therapy site. Teens helping teens. What's wrong for my brother to want to help people out, preventing teens from goign down the same path as his friend?

To clarify, the eBay auction was for the whole site and content... including all memberships.

Below is the original Terms of Service (under User Submissions) from Google Cache:

"TeenHelp welcomes Your comments on its site and Content. However, You acknowledge that if You send us creative suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, inventions or other information, (collectively, the "Information"), the Information shall be deemed, and shall remain, the property of TeenHelp. By submission of any Information to us, You assign to us and we shall exclusively own all now known or hereafter existing rights to such Information and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Information for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to You."
winston
Loyal

Post by winston »

Originally posted by Kiyotie@Jun 25 2004, 11:44 AM

You meant Mike Foxx's hands, right?
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Originally posted by winston+Jun 25 2004, 10:46 AM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (winston @ Jun 25 2004, 10:46 AM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-Kiyotie@Jun 25 2004, 11:44 AM

You meant Mike Foxx's hands, right?[/b][/quote]

No, she meant Adam. She's a disgruntled former staff member with a bias.

If you use the support groups search engine you'll find out why she was removed.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Originally posted by Skye+Jun 25 2004, 11:47 AM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Skye @ Jun 25 2004, 11:47 AM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by winston@Jun 25 2004, 10:46 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Kiyotie
@Jun 25 2004, 11:44 AM

You meant Mike Foxx's hands, right?
No, she meant Adam. She's a disgruntled former staff member with a bias.

If you use the support groups search engine you'll find out why she was removed.[/b][/quote]

Skye, stop breaking rules for once and stay on topic. Thanks B)

P.S. I'd like to see that reason too .

P.P.S. I quit, I wasn't removed.
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Originally posted by winston@Jun 25 2004, 12:45 PM

Last I checked, this site was a therapy site.? Teens helping teens.? What's wrong for my brother to want to help people out, preventing teens from goign down the same path as his friend?

To clarify, the eBay auction was for the whole site and content... including all memberships.

Below is the original Terms of Service (under User Submissions) from Google Cache:

"TeenHelp welcomes Your comments on its site and Content. However, You acknowledge that if You send us creative suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, inventions or other information, (collectively, the "Information"), the Information shall be deemed, and shall remain, the property of TeenHelp. By submission of any Information to us, You assign to us and we shall exclusively own all now known or hereafter existing rights to such Information and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Information for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to You."

you own the teenhelp domain, not the host space. This database is still the 'teenhelp' database, under a different name. Mike Foxx had no right to sell the database [as once again, he did not own it, he may have been credited, but he didn't own the hosting], in which case I strong reccommend you file a report on him at ebay.

P.S. Holly, STFU.
--nj

Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Quit the arguing now or this will be closed!

Get back on topic!
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Who's Kiyote? NTJA, Nick.
Get back on topic!
lmao