My Cat....

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Beautiful
Veteran

My Cat....

Post by Beautiful »

arg... i dont know where this goes, and its deff not chit chat..

but my mom just told me... hes been peeing blood and she doesnt know why... :(

Its really scaring the hell outa me because hes only 7 or 8 and its not just a drop, its A LOT of blood, like most of its blood... does anyone know what it could be... :'(
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
Evan
Needs Another Hobby

Re: My Cat....

Post by Evan »

it could pretty much be anything so take it to the vet ASAP!
my 2 cents.....
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Yeah, take your cat to the vet immediatley. It could be any number of things.

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
Sovek
Loyal

Post by Sovek »

ahh man, I hate that, I agree, take her to vet ASAP.

P.S. Cat person to cat person, I really hope your cat pulls through, I hate losing cats.
Flush the Johns, Vote republican

<span style=\'color:BLUE\' Ten out of ten terrorist support John F'in Kerry for president

Evan
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Evan »

Originally posted by Sovek@Jun 28 2004, 04:48 PM

ahh man, I hate that, I agree, take her to vet ASAP.

P.S. Cat person to cat person, I really hope your cat pulls through, I hate losing cats.

im'a cat person to and it sucks when ya lose them :/ sorry if this seems negative but im not intending it to

let us know what happens
my 2 cents.....
Pariah
Veteran

Post by Pariah »

Take him/her to the

vet, my cat did

that and then had

kittens.*i didnt know she was pregnant*

so maybe its nothing.....

I love Kitties, i hope

your kittie is ok....
TeenHelp.org

Moderator of: Sex, Pregnancy, Sexuality, Disorders, and Friends/Family.

Mentor for: HelpLink.
Love2Laugh08
Veteran

Post by Love2Laugh08 »

Like everyone else said take it to the vet ASAP!! Also in the mean time you can look it up at google? You know maybe " Cat bleeding " something like that. Sorry and I hope he/she is going to be okay.
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

ugh..... yeah, it costs money to take him to the vet, which, my mom or i have :( oh well though, my mom looked it up and it could just be from him changing food diets .. if he doesnt get better soon she'll have to take him but arg :(
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
Pariah
Veteran

Post by Pariah »

Well i hope your

kittie, gets well soon!!!!
TeenHelp.org

Moderator of: Sex, Pregnancy, Sexuality, Disorders, and Friends/Family.

Mentor for: HelpLink.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

aww hun, im sry...i personally haven't had a serious thing like that happen to an animal...

Please keep us updated!!

~Jeff~
jess_617
Veteran

Post by jess_617 »

O wow thats sad! I love animals! My friends cat did that but I dont know what was wrong with it. I know the vet isnt cheap but remember cats are people too!!! Err wait no.. anyway you should take it to the vet if possible. I hope yr cat is okay though.

Love,

Jessi
Hey everyone. Im around here alot so if anyone ever needs a chat feel free to PM me or add me on Yahoo, AIM, or MSN. I'll do my best to help. <3

Jessi's Myspace...add me if you want..i have like 3 friends on there. lol
TimeMachine9906
Loyal

Post by TimeMachine9906 »

Is it in pain when it does it? If it doesnt seem like its in pain, it could just be a bladder thing, and food diets isnt the cause, because when i changed my cats food diet, she only hacked it up....in my room conviently....*stares deathly at my cat* but yeah, it could be a problem with its bladder, look it up on a vet site if you cant get it to the vet.
So Let's Find A Bar

So Dark We Forget Who We Are

And All The Scars From The

Nevers And Maybes Die
Magical
Loyal

Post by Magical »

Ahh..I hate hearing bad news! Take it to the vet right away and see whats wrong with it and I wish you the best with your cat :D
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

When you get an animal, you are asked whether you would be able to pay for their upkeep. This includes all the vaccines they need and any other trips to the vet.

Is there really no way of borrowing the money to take your cat to the vet? He could be in a lot of pain and you are waiting to see what happens.

When my cat started peeing blood, he had to have a course of tablets and some injections to make him better again. It wasn't a change of diet, he was very ill.
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Originally posted by Beautiful@Jun 28 2004, 08:34 PM

ugh..... yeah, it costs money to take him to the vet, which, my mom or i have :( oh well though, my mom looked it up and it could just be from him changing food diets .. if he doesnt get better soon she'll have to take him but arg :(
Wait, you can't afford to taking him to the vet? Then what are you doing owning an animal? I'm sorry but that kind of doesn't make sense and makes me mad. If you own a pet you have the responsibility to take care of it no matter what. And that costs money... :huh:

I hope your cat is okay but I work at a vet office and I've never seen anything like that so it's got to be serious.
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Woah woah, Kiyote, settle down. Maybe when they got the cat they had enough money but they're going through rough times or something. You don't know what their family has gone through, and neither do I, but you can't just attack them.

Doug
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

I said the same thing, people shouldn't own animals if they can't afford to pay for the vets bills to look after them. Animals are as important as people are, they deserve the right to be cared for and have health care.

It is upsetting to see people leaving their animals to suffer like this, I've seen it happen before and I don't like it.
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Well, again, you have to look at the circumstances of each case as well. Some people get a cat and have health insurance that covers pet care. Then, the insurance changes, they lose their job, or their insurance rates go up and they can't afford them, and they lose health care for their cat. It's not their fault, it's just something that happened. I'm certainly not going to give up my cat after something like that because I love my cat.

I would suggest seeing a different vet though. Mine charges $20 to bring a pet in just to get it checked out. So, prices vary depending on where you go.

Doug