Dissection Of Animals....

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Halo_n_Horns
Veteran

Re: Dissection Of Animals....

Post by Halo_n_Horns »

yeh tht wud be better...ps ur avatar is cute!
<span style="font-family:Geneva"

TEACHERS PET

Breathe_In_For_Luck7
Veteran

Post by Breathe_In_For_Luck7 »

Our school doesn't disect anything. I think it's strange that schools still do that.
Halo_n_Horns
Veteran

Post by Halo_n_Horns »

I think it is wrong and disgusting. In many places, the animals are even BRED to be dissected. now that is just sick.
<span style="font-family:Geneva"

TEACHERS PET

NunchakuSteve
Veteran

Post by NunchakuSteve »

Originally posted by Paris In Flames@Jul 3 2004, 04:36 AM

Yes.

It may be against your beliefs, but school is school. Deal with it.

Cheers,

Jenna

Props to that, we all have to do things we don't wanna do.

Many people do thing that they're not comfortable with everyday.

So whether or not I'm down with it, if I was told to I would.

But most teachers I know, wouldn't force a kid to do it if they really didn't wanna go through with it, so it's cool.
goexpos
Loyal

Post by goexpos »

I wanted to disect an animal in my Bio class this year, but our school is too poor for that sutff! :(

Anyway, it really should be totally optional for a student to disect an animal. Some people I know freak out whenever they see blood... o_O
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

....my school is too rich to do that stuff and the preppy stuck up kids (which is like. 90 % of my school) go "OMG EW ITS BLOOD" when they see a blood drive truck.... ek..... but yeah..... we just talk about disection, we never really did it. although, in they made 3rd graders disect a sheeps eye ball... so idk.
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

i'm fine with dissecting animals maybe cause i'm pre-med/bio major lol.. i did felt bad for the animals ( fetus pigs in this case) until our teacher told us that if they didnt use 'em for school we would most likely end up eating 'em in our meat
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

I couldn't really say. I've disected enough so we have to face smelly things almost everyday in school. Such as the kid in front of us. And that can smell worse than the animal we're dissecting.
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

*is preppy and thinks its "sooooo totally gross"* lol. but seroisly, i havea weak stomach and argggg.. i dont think its right to disect animals. i mean, if its against someones beliefs why should u do it?
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

i get suspended for everything..

or i just skip..

but.. i seriousy think disection is wrong.
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

personally i think its fine.

but it should be the pupils personal choice, whatever reasons they have.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
Laura
Loyal

Post by Laura »

You spurn my natural emotions

You make me feel like dirt

And I'm hurt

And if I start a commotion

I run the risk of losing you

And that's worse

Ever fallen in love with someone

Ever fallen in love

In love with someone

Ever fallen in love

In love with someone

You shouldn't've fallen in love with

I can't see much of a future

Unless we find out what's to blame

What a shame

And we won't be together much longer

Unless we realize that we are the same
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

In my school some classes have to disect baby pigs and one class has to do CATS that were put down from animal shelters.
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

i could never let someone to that to a pet....then again...they were from animal shelters...idk, i guess at least there wouldnt be an owner to care as such.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
MysticAngelguy
Loyal

Post by MysticAngelguy »

My friend is a veg. and also an animal rights person and yet she still did it. SO it really all comes down to if you want to do it I think. B/c I did it and I'm also an animal rights person. But you have to think of it like this can you handle it. I know I could and at the same time it was also vary interesting. But I'm still all for the animals.

So like I said. It's up to that person. Wheater he or she thinks they could handle it.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Believe me, every man has his secret sorrows, which the world knows not; and of times we call a man cold when he is only sad.

-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

To dream is to love, to feel true happiness, to see all your hopes and your dreams played out... it's exhilarating. To wake up... it's heartbreaking.

-Scott Kokx

I'm a Bisexual da*n~it.
scarred_body
Loyal

Post by scarred_body »

I think it should be up to the students to decide, some may feel sickend when some teacher says "cut this up", they shouldnt have to go through that.
Time's rollin' forward I'm gettin' bored Layin' on my back I'm loozin' track Shifting patterns And nothin' matters

'Cause there's no one here And I've lost my fear Well I've got no place left to hide I'm running out of time Moving slowly The walls are closing In on me I can not see Appearing fine, well That's all a lie Cause I am not alright Extinct inside I'm runnin' out of time My mother says I'm fine A teenage suicide No place to hide Well I've got no place left to hide No place to hide I'm runnin' out of time No place to hide Ya, I've got no place left to hide No place to hide A teenage suicide
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

Well, you have to ask yourself why you wouldn't want to.

I thought the idea was that vegetarians were against killing animals to eat. Fair enough. But these animals are already dead, why shouldn't we learn from them?

I dissected a pig's foot once. It was great fun and it was interesting, and I learned a lot from it. It's amazing to see a foot from the inside out. No matter how many videos you see or what diagrams you look at, you will never learn better than from experience. Books are no substitute for the real thing. That's why dentists are presented with a human head to dissect and medical students are presented with a body to dissect. Because looking at a picture in a book just doesn't compare.

One thing I didn't agree with though, was that in the genetics section of my Higher course we had to breed flies, about 4-5 generations at least, I can't remember the exact number. Each generation being a massive number of flies (This was EACH person in the class doing it) and once we'd counted them, we drowned them in alcohol. I think that's sick.

If the animal's dead, why not learn from it? It's sick, I know. But I'd probably give my body to science *shrugs*
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace