Ib Diploma...

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Halo_n_Horns
Veteran

Ib Diploma...

Post by Halo_n_Horns »

Hey...at the end of August I will be starting the IB course....its a 2 year course at my school. So yeh im really nervous cos we r gona get so much work apparently and many people are failing in the year above me as they let the work get too much for them. ARGHHHH. im scared as i dnt wana have to go back a class later on.
<span style="font-family:Geneva"

TEACHERS PET

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Re: Ib Diploma...

Post by SirPostAlot »

I know i am not...those classes aren't offered at my school...

But my cousin said that he did them and alot of people were failing because they are a lot harder then people antisipate (sp?)...he is pretty smart and he did good because he studied...he said its probably 25% harder then regular classes in school...so, if you do them: study! :)

:hug:

~Jeff~
sweethelp
Veteran

Post by sweethelp »

i thought about it but decided against it, im sure youll do fine if you just organize your time really well and also if you start things early.

good luck you'll do fine

~~Kimmy~~
She's so big hearted

but not so remarkable

just an ordinary humble girl

expecting nothing as we may

to think it's a pretty person's worth

you are beautiful

and you'd better go show it

so go and look again

you gotta be true only if you really wanna go to the top and you really wanna win

don't believe in living normal

just to satisfy demand

Well, if you wanna get free

and if wanna get smart by the sake of your heart

you should own your lame and stand up tall

:)
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

Like Kimmy said, organise your time really well, and start homework as soon as you get it. That way you wont have a build up of work and coursework piling up.

And because people have failed in the past doesnt mean you'll fail.

What are you doing a dipoloma in?
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
Pariah
Veteran

Post by Pariah »

Just because others have failed doesnt mean you will. Get organized, and study alot. And what happend to Art???? Hey it was your choice, but STUDY!
TeenHelp.org

Moderator of: Sex, Pregnancy, Sexuality, Disorders, and Friends/Family.

Mentor for: HelpLink.
flavaoftheweak
Veteran

Post by flavaoftheweak »

jillsdaughter, ib diploma isnt a regular diploma... its a high school diploma but you have to take a test to get it. its a really hard program, here many kids are struggling, but if you stay organized you'll do fine. dont procrastinate. its a four year course here, and 132 out of 134 kids got the diploma last year... the two that didnt were because one chose not to take the test and the other couldnt because he had a family emergency.
lets unwravel the egde of time...

without the bad times, the good times wouldnt be so sweet.

BAOF!

its the little things people say that make your whole day worthwile...
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Originally posted by flavaoftheweak@Jul 2 2004, 03:04 PM

jillsdaughter, ib diploma isnt a regular diploma... its a high school diploma but you have to take a test to get it. its a really hard program, here many kids are struggling, but if you stay organized you'll do fine. dont procrastinate. its a four year course here, and 132 out of 134 kids got the diploma last year... the two that didnt were because one chose not to take the test and the other couldnt because he had a family emergency.

Wow, that's a HUGE amount to graduate. I'm from Reno, and only 11 out of 75 graduated with the diploma...

Yes, I'm in IB (Actually, preIB, but I'll be doing IB my last two years because that's how my school works and I'll be graduating with an IB diploma)

It's recognized around the world with many of the Ivy Leagues and it is an extremely touch cirriculum.

Cheers,

Jenna

P.S. The kids at my school have nervous breakdowns and stuff like that from all the work...
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...