Things To Bring To Dorm

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Re: Things To Bring To Dorm

Post by SirPostAlot » Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:38 pm

Originally posted by Beautiful+Jul 10 2004, 01:20 AM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Beautiful @ Jul 10 2004, 01:20 AM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-kellbell@Jul 7 2004, 01:36 PM

Mini fridge

Microwave

bed stuff

Clothes

Undies

Toiletries

Pictures

PHone book

Pens, pencils, notebooks

backpack (After all this is skewl)

cell phone charder ( if you have one anf forget the charger, that bites)

computer maybe

C.D.s

*adds on*

a phone that has a phone cord up to like 30 feet :P[/b][/quote]

why not just get a cordless?

~Jeff~

P.S. Umm...the college food around here i would say is a 7 out of 10 haha...not good, but they did have good egg-salad!

Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy » Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:56 pm

Don't forget to check and see if cars are allowed on campus. I know at MSU( at least i beleive), your not allowed to have a car untill your senior year. So check on that, you might need to bring a bike with you.
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]

Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug » Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:15 pm

Senior year???? That's weird. I know where I'm going to college they give out permits on a first come-first served basis, but freshmen get whatever's left (which is near-nothing). So, don't plan on having a car.

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna

krjackso937
Loyal

Post by krjackso937 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:39 pm

mmm...food at virginia tech was amazing! rib eye and homemade mashed potatoes, it was great.

you dont really need a cordless phone depending on how big your dorm room is. our room was only 12x14 feet and you'll generally be sitting at your desk anyway.

also, sometimes they make you wait to bring your car because they want you to be focused on school work versus going out and partying etc. they think without a car its harder for you to do that.
this ain't my style, it's just a disguise. -The Stryder

ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora » Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:06 am

Originally posted by krjackso937@Jul 10 2004, 08:29 AM

first off the walls are just dirty in there, secondly drunk frat guys like to put nasty old food in them, etc. and when girls and guys are under the influence of alcohol they sometimes find it appealing to have sex in the elevators. you just never know what you can find in there.

you have to be a minuteman to have sex in an elevator. The stop button doesnt work. And frat boys stay away from rez unless they have good reason to be there, like living there (me) or a random girl.
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

ΔΦ of ΔΚΕ #981 Class of 2004

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill

jess_617
Veteran

Post by jess_617 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:15 pm

well if you dont get free phone service at the college then I suggest buying a phone card if yr family lives far away. My sis had to and now its like the number one accessory for her. Um you bring laundry detergent and all the junk you need cuz its expensive at the thing there. Theres tons of other crap like stuff that was listed youll need too. If you need any more advice on this then PM me cuz I gotta go! cya

(ps-you dont NEED a PS2 or gamecube...and make sure hot plates and/or ovens are allowed in dorms cuz they arent alot of the time)
Hey everyone. Im around here alot so if anyone ever needs a chat feel free to PM me or add me on Yahoo, AIM, or MSN. I'll do my best to help. <3

Jessi's Myspace...add me if you want..i have like 3 friends on there. lol

ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:55 am

Originally posted by jess_617@Jul 11 2004, 03:15 PM

(ps-you dont NEED a PS2 or gamecube...and make sure hot plates and/or ovens are allowed in dorms cuz they arent alot of the time)

besides, a ps/2 or gamecube will make you fail.
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

ΔΦ of ΔΚΕ #981 Class of 2004

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill