Racist

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Pariah
Veteran

Racist

Post by Pariah »

I really dont want to be, so racist but i am. It just seems like i cant help it. Almost everyday i hear my dad say the N word, or make fun of gays....And I find myslef doing it, (but not with the gays) I mean sometimes, ignorent people will make me so mad, i call them the N word. I try to be nice to everyone, its i just cant help it. And its not justs blacks, its everyone whos pretty much not white...My grand mother told me, its b.c i have RedNecks blood...that it comes naturally...i really wish i could stop someone please help me!!
TeenHelp.org

Moderator of: Sex, Pregnancy, Sexuality, Disorders, and Friends/Family.

Mentor for: HelpLink.
ballin24
Loyal

Re: Racist

Post by ballin24 »

wow ok look... um i suggest that u find a friend of another race and talk 2 them. cause thats not cool not 2 like someone for the color of there skin. Honestly you could get your ass kicked pardon my language but its true so... if u wanna talk about this further PM me ore somethin.
The time traveling is too dangerous. Better that I devote myself to study the other great mystery of the universe-women!!

Yeah i called her up and she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something. I dont know i wasnt really payin attention.
Pariah
Veteran

Post by Pariah »

Thats it, i have all kinds of ppl i talk to and are friends with, its just Ignorent ppl.....Ive been threatened so many times, but ppl around here, they just talk shit...God i need help..
TeenHelp.org

Love2Laugh08
Veteran

Post by Love2Laugh08 »

This needs to be moved to chit chat..

Anyways um yea I think you need to find friends from the other race and you will realize that we are all the same.
Pariah
Veteran

Post by Pariah »

This isnt CHIT CHAT, its a real problem and I do...
TeenHelp.org

Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

This will not be moved to chit-chat...

Well, there is a bright side to your story, and that is that you are aware of your tendencies and you recognize that it's wrong. That's a great thing. I believe that this means that your environment is bringing it out.

So, you're friends with people of different races? That's what I got from your second post. That's good. I think you're going to have to wait until you go to college to finally shed yourself of that habit. You need to get away from the people that do it to stop doing it yourself. Just try to catch yourself before you say that word and try to stop yourself mid-sentence.

You were brought up around that word, so it will be a very hard habit to break. There's nothing wrong in that, especially since you see that it's wrong.

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
Love2Laugh08
Veteran

Post by Love2Laugh08 »

Oh I didnt know that in chit chat people didnt have problems? anywho and you do what?? Talk to people of another race? I dont get it so do you act rude to them??
Pariah
Veteran

Post by Pariah »

if they act ignorent, like of my race is better then urs, then ill be racist....and ill tell them fast to...look love2laugh08, i dont want this closed, b/c u have a problem wiht me, i have a serious problem, and if your not here to help then thanks but no thanks. I m trying to lose the drama, not gain it.
TeenHelp.org

Love2Laugh08
Veteran

Post by Love2Laugh08 »

I wasnt trying to start anything at all? I thought this would be in chit chat? I thought people still have problems?? I dunno I made an mistake lol okay? Um if you see i was asking questions to iunderstand you. Why do you think other races think they are better than u? Do they actually say im better?
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Originally posted by Love2Laugh08@Jul 19 2004, 10:55 PM

Oh I didnt know that in chit chat people didnt have problems? anywho and you do what?? Talk to people of another race? I dont get it so do you act rude to them??

That was completely unnecessary. This is a general problem, therefore it's staying in general. Case closed.

Yeah, Pariah, I do see what you're saying that nobody should act like one race is better than the other. Unfortunatley, there are people of all races that do that. But, you just have to remember, that those people are not representative of the attitude that their race has. Most people are completely respectful of skin color and understand that everyone is equal. Just keep trying to break the habit. If it slips out once in a while, that's unfortunate, but as long as you're aware of the problem and trying to fix it, there's not much else you can do in that environment.

Doug
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

Um. . . . you and troy BOTH use the N word, but i got troy to stop becuase its not nice, my grandpa (biological one atleast) also is like that :( it sucks, but hey, you guys need to learn that just becuase they are a diffrent color doesnt mean they are diffrent, you can change only if u want to
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
Pariah
Veteran

Post by Pariah »

Yeah, i got in a fight with a black girl one day about god, and she was liek You think your better then us b.c everyone thinks gods white, and your kind looked us up, and took us from our home land, and i got kicked out of the class b.c i said "Im pretty sure, we didnt ask for you N word, to come here, its pretty bad when your own counrty dosent want you"

And i almost cryed i sounded just like my dad, and i didnt want to, me and the girl talked and laughed about it, but i couldnt believe it....
TeenHelp.org

Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Originally posted by Pariah@Jul 19 2004, 11:19 PM

Yeah, i got in a fight with a black girl one day about god, and she was liek You think your better then us b.c everyone thinks gods white, and your kind looked us up, and took us from our home land, and i got kicked out of the class b.c i said "Im pretty sure, we didnt ask for you N word, to come here, its pretty bad when your own counrty dosent want you"

And i almost cryed i sounded just like my dad, and i didnt want to, me and the girl talked and laughed about it, but i couldnt believe it....

Well, that was a very ignorant thing for her to say. Just recognize that not many people are like her in that sense. It's a good thing that you cried, not because it's good to see you cry obviously, but because you know it was the wrong thing to say. They were taken from their homeland and yeah our ancestors were pretty evil at times, but that gives nobody any excuse to say something like she said. Just remember to try to be the bigger, more mature person. That way, you won't get kicked out and you will look much more intelligent than her.

EDIT: Beautiful, just sheer will won't change you in circumstances like that. She needs to get out of that environment (as much as possible) and learn from her mistakes, which she is clearly doing.

Doug
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

lol.... i guess i can be a little bit of a racist too... i called that girl ashley who was calling me a hoe and that troy didnt like me and stuff a 'N' lol... oops? but i felt really bad about that...
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

Love2Laugh08
Veteran

Post by Love2Laugh08 »

Doug that wasnt unnecessary to say I was just saying?? I just thought that people in chit chat still have problems? I didnt mean to sound rude my bad. anyways to get on topic.

Pariah you dont have to like a certain race but i think you should know how to handle urself... ya know? I mean you wouldnt like people calling you a cracker? I think you need to realize that some people just act ride sometimes I mean no matter what their race is.Maybe its just how you were raised? Try to be more tolerant to other races? I dunno if you wanna talk PM me.
Pariah
Veteran

Post by Pariah »

i kinda rubed off on Troy (im sorry Jami) but i mean when you hear it EVERYDAY, you cant help but to say it too....i dont think not one person in my family dosent say that....it bothers me, but i cant control them, only me. I try not to, but i still say it, or think it. IM A NICE PERSON really i am....
TeenHelp.org

Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

yeah i somewhat agree, but me and cathleen BOTH know how people are on the ES, its not only black people though.
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

Pariah
Veteran

Post by Pariah »

ITs everyone, i live in a very REDNECK town....Like take this for example,

there are about lets say 15 gas station, one every idk 5 or 8 miles, about 13 are owned by ppl from the middle east. And at a meeting my dad went to, mostly white men, (i was there) he was makin a joke, and he was saying how all the gas stations where being bought and stuff and then he goes, i dont know about yall but i saw the movie Indenpendece (sp) Day, and im scared.

All of them started laughin, and i was like laughin but i was like OMG, i cant belive he said that.....it was so mean....but idk....:wallbash:
TeenHelp.org

Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

well you can;t change your dad, you can only change yourself hun
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

emotionalcutie
Veteran

Post by emotionalcutie »

You know by being racist you are also being ignorant..
*KT*

*Give Into The Sweet Temptation*

<span style="color:royal blue"-::SMIRRRRRNOFFF::-

**chit-chat**