A Job

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Cute_missy
Loyal

A Job

Post by Cute_missy »

I'm not trying to be 'insensitive' by asking this.. its just a quesiton. There's this store that is hiring people by me its clothing for "plus size".. I want to apply there but i'm not plus size.. i don't know if places like that would hire people that arnt the size of their clothes? I mean im not skinny but im not plus size im the happy medium i guess..

(question) Should i even bother applying there?
Roses are red, Violets are blue, sugar is sweet and so are you but the roses are wilting, the violets are dead, the sugar bowl is empty and so is your head
tokyo tripping
Loyal

Re: A Job

Post by tokyo tripping »

your size shouldn't matter. apply.
Image Image
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

it honestly shouldnt matter if you are a plus size, or skinny as hell, its just a job, people dont judge you on the way your appeirence is for jobs.
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
four
Veteran

Post by four »

Probably depends on the owner. Couldn't hurt though, could it?
NAAM
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

and even if they didnt exsept you, i doubt its because your not plus size.
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
pynkgodde55
Loyal

Post by pynkgodde55 »

im fat, id have no prob watching a girl half my size prance around. Go ahead. Try it out!
[center]Image[/center]

[center]Xanga/MySpace[/center][center]Wanna Know More about Jen?[/center]
Abbi
Veteran

Post by Abbi »

Moved to General
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair...
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

They can't discriminate based on weight, go ahead and apply.

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
Love2Laugh08
Veteran

Post by Love2Laugh08 »

Yea why not I go into stores where its for Skinny poeple and see large woman working there so its just the same
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

you should be fine.....if you want the job, go for it!!
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
jess_617
Veteran

Post by jess_617 »

Go ahead and check it out. They might not hire you because it may make people self conscious but that shouldnt matter. Like four said depends on the owner.
Hey everyone. Im around here alot so if anyone ever needs a chat feel free to PM me or add me on Yahoo, AIM, or MSN. I'll do my best to help. <3

Jessi's Myspace...add me if you want..i have like 3 friends on there. lol
four
Veteran

Post by four »

Originally posted by Doug@Jul 21 2004, 02:14 PM

Doug
They should be able to...
NAAM
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Originally posted by four+Jul 22 2004, 04:24 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (four @ Jul 22 2004, 04:24 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-Doug@Jul 21 2004, 02:14 PM

Doug
They should be able to...[/b][/quote]

Why?
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
dragonangel(ash)
Loyal

Post by dragonangel(ash) »

ok...please read this...i grab a application today that can help with your problem....

"This job is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in compensation ot terms or conditions of employment because of race, religion, color or natural origin. Nor does it discriminate because of age, physical or mantal disability, sex, marital status, changes in marital status, pregnancy or parenthood when reasonable demands of the position do not require distinction on the basis of age, physical or mental disability,sex,marital status,etc. This application will be considered only for position for which you applied."

I hope this helped some. but they cant say no to hireig oyu cause of your weight... you can go to court and sew them for it if they do. they have to go by the guide line (above) or they can get into a lot of trouble.
we are offered many paths in our lifes that can lead us sometimes to happyness .....but to get there, we must go not stand and wait for someone to take it for us.

bird go poof, goblin go splat!!!!!!

http://www.chat.webrpg.com
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Originally posted by dragonangel(ash)@Jul 23 2004, 03:14 AM

I hope this helped some. but they cant say no to hireig oyu cause of your weight... you can go to court and sew them for it if they do. they have to go by the guide line (above) or they can get into a lot of trouble.
Only if you can PROVE it was due to this breech can you sue them.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

I'm thinking about this in terms of practicality.

You are not a plus size woman, therefore you cannot understand the issues which a plus size woman might go through and this is very important when buying clothes.

If I was a plus size woman, I would not like to see skinnier girls than myself prancing around a clothes shop where I should feel ~safe~ shopping for clothes without that skinny environment around me.

Shops also usually want their staff to wear the clothes which they sell in the store. If you are not plus size then you are not going to be able to do this.

In terms of practicality and how the women who use and own those stores might feel, you may be passed over for the job. This might also be because plus size women might not feel comfortable working in a shop for skinnier girls and so they have applied to work in a store which tailors to them.

I'm a size 12 (UK) and I would not dream of applying for a job in a plus size store, I know that my plus size friends would not feel comfortable shopping in a store where somebody my size was working. They don't mind coming into shops which I can shop in and I don't mind going into their stores, but actually going and making money from somewhere which they consider to be "safe" for shopping.. no, I respect their wishes.

Go ahead and apply though, it could be a simple case of "somebody had more experience than you" if you do not get it. I don't think we need to look into a discrimination lawsuit or anything here..
dragonangel(ash)
Loyal

Post by dragonangel(ash) »

Originally posted by OverDrive+Jul 23 2004, 04:04 AM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (OverDrive @ Jul 23 2004, 04:04 AM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-dragonangel(ash)@Jul 23 2004, 03:14 AM

Only if you can PROVE it was due to this breech can you sue them.[/b][/quote]

true ...but still they have to hire you by skills and experiance not by if your black, white, short,tall, fat, skinny, etc.
we are offered many paths in our lifes that can lead us sometimes to happyness .....but to get there, we must go not stand and wait for someone to take it for us.

bird go poof, goblin go splat!!!!!!

http://www.chat.webrpg.com
four
Veteran

Post by four »

Originally posted by Doug+Jul 22 2004, 10:29 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Doug @ Jul 22 2004, 10:29 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by four@Jul 22 2004, 04:24 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Doug
@Jul 21 2004, 02:14 PM

Doug

They should be able to...

Why?[/b][/quote]

Read Helen's post. They are a private buisness, they should be able to do what they need to to make money. I am in support of a capitalism much closer to a lassaiz-faire economy than the way we are currently running our economy.
NAAM
girl_about_town
Veteran

Post by girl_about_town »

Love Katie x x x