Therapeutic Schools

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
courty
Loyal

Therapeutic Schools

Post by courty »

Has anyone here ever gone to an emotional growth/theraputic boarding school? I'm going to one in the fall and I was just wondering.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Re: Therapeutic Schools

Post by SirPostAlot »

I personally haven't...

What exactly is the qualifications to get in? Like are you depressed? or what...i personally have never heard of it and am curious...

~Jeff~
courty
Loyal

Post by courty »

there are no specific qualifications to get in every case is different. usually there is a mood or anxiety disorder present. People would usually look for a therapeutic school when they are having severe problems socialy, academically, and/or with their family.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Originally posted by courty@Jul 28 2004, 09:22 PM

there are no specific qualifications to get in every case is different. usually there is a mood or anxiety disorder present. People would usually look for a therapeutic school when they are having severe problems socialy, academically, and/or with their family.

Ohh, ok...thanks for clearing that up :)

~Jeff~
courty
Loyal

Post by courty »

yeah they cost a lot but sometimes your school district will help pay
FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

now i hate to bring this up but is it a theraputic school or is it a mental hospital um i have been to the later and it rocked i think i might like a theraputic school -MARY
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
courty
Loyal

Post by courty »

therapeutic schools are much different from mental hospitals. If you exhibit suicidal or self harming you will most likely get kicked out and sent to a mental hospital. If you want to see examples of these programs go to http://www.natsap.org
Michie
Veteran

Post by Michie »

I have been offered the possiblkility to go to a theraputic school before...but I turned it down cuz I like beign with my school friends.

Anyway, I think it's really good to go to a school like that. u get more attention than at a regular scohol, more guidance...and possibly, the teachers are more approachable, so you can talk about ur problems to them without being worried-the teachers are probably prepared for that sort of thing.
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!