Swimming W/ Contacts

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Swimming W/ Contacts

Post by SirPostAlot »

Whenever i swim i always take my contacts out but some of my friends swim w/ theirs in...

so, does anyone have contacts and do you swim w/ them in? Because i really would love to be able to see when we play like vball in the pool on JH trips but don't wanna loose them...

~Jeff~
Doug
Veteran

Re: Swimming W/ Contacts

Post by Doug »

My friends wear contacts and they were told that it shouldn't be done. Maybe there's a special kind?

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
hopeless_
Loyal

Post by hopeless_ »

yeah, i wouldn't wear contacts underwater if I were you, unless you were told exactly that they could get wet... when i got mine, they told me that getting them wet with water was a big NO NO... just ask your optician ...

take care,

andy
girl_about_town
Veteran

Post by girl_about_town »

hey, no dont swim with your contacts in unless you wear goggles. you've gotta make sure your goggles wont leak n all. my optician said that i'd be ok then but never to swim without goggles when wearing contacts. you're not supposed to let your lenses get in contact with water and if you're swimming they will, also the chlorine would damage them too. so definately wear goggles. xx
Love Katie x x x
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

It'll deteriorate the contacts to an unsafe level. All contacts are made out of the same material just in different variations... your running the risk of exposing them to the acid in swimming pools... fresh water ??

ocean water doesn't really matter, you may lose them, but ocean water is essentially the shit that is in your contact lens solution... salt water..

i don't suggest swimming with them in... at least in pools..
--nj

alnieve
Veteran

Post by alnieve »

Well, I always go swimming with my contacts in, but I just don't open my eyes under water. I haven't noticed any problems.
[CENTER]She would change everything[/CENTER]

[CENTER]for happy ever after.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Caught in the in-between,[/CENTER]

[CENTER]a beautiful disaster."http://asnowy.deviantart.com/gallery/"[/CENTER]
jess_617
Veteran

Post by jess_617 »

I swim with mine in. Its usually fine unless alot of water gets in my eyes then they burn a little. So if you wanna swim with them go ahead just keep yr head outta the water as much as possible. (my doctor said I shouldnt swim in them but I can play water games and such in them.)

Jessi
Hey everyone. Im around here alot so if anyone ever needs a chat feel free to PM me or add me on Yahoo, AIM, or MSN. I'll do my best to help. <3

Jessi's Myspace...add me if you want..i have like 3 friends on there. lol
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

i dunno. The lifeguards i work with generally have theirs in, but not during anyhting where we'll be in the water for any amount of time.
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

ΔΦ of ΔΚΕ #981 Class of 2004

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

ok, ya'll... thanks

I probably will take them out but i wanted them in so i could see all the guys abs (:wub:) haha... :P

My eye doctor said not to even shower in them but i acciendently did once and now i do it like 4 times a wk...haha...

But, hmm...i will probably try swimming w/ them once and if they fall out or w/e i will learn not to do it again...haha...

~Jeff~
Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh »

I've never NOT swum in my contacts - just I wouldn't open your eyes... they might pop out!

I love contacts...
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

yeah, i love contacts too...usually i swim w/ my eyes open thus taking them out...but i will try to swim w/ them in...i mean i can swim w/ my eyes closed...and basically on JH trips its really not swimming its playing vball n shit...haha...so, as long as i close my eyes when i dive for the ball(s) *sometimes we play w/ 2+*...

~Jeff~
Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh »

yeah... and when i'm swimming i'll ALWAYS get water in my eyes... but if you get too much in it when you try to take them out they feel like totally stuck to your eyeballs, but it doesn't hurt or anything.. well that's just my experience..
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
girl_about_town
Veteran

Post by girl_about_town »

wear goggles. best of both worlds then ;)
Love Katie x x x
Pariah
Veteran

Post by Pariah »

Do what ever you want Jeff, like any one listens to the warnings....I personally, would take them out, but its wat floats your boat!
TeenHelp.org

Moderator of: Sex, Pregnancy, Sexuality, Disorders, and Friends/Family.

Mentor for: HelpLink.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Originally posted by girl_about_town@Aug 2 2004, 03:02 PM

Haha...i would not wear goggles...haha...I would personally rather loose my contacts then were googles...ok loosing them would suck but sry, i won't wear googles ;)

Pariah: the only thing i actually do in the pool is play vball w/ friends...we go under yeah when we dive n shit but thas about it...i dunno...i really wanna see the guys abs...haha... :P

~Jeff~
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~+Aug 2 2004, 10:01 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (~*~AiM_uSeR~*~ @ Aug 2 2004, 10:01 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-girl_about_town@Aug 2 2004, 03:02 PM

Haha...i would not wear goggles...haha...I would personally rather loose my contacts then were googles...ok loosing them would suck but sry, i won't wear googles ;)

Pariah: the only thing i actually do in the pool is play vball w/ friends...we go under yeah when we dive n shit but thas about it...i dunno...i really wanna see the guys abs...haha... :P

~Jeff~[/b][/quote]

I wear a Scuba Mask... all the time when i'm in the pool/ocean/lake.... maybe i should have my scuba mask fitted with my perscription.... ah well :)

btw, i'm a scuba diver so hence why i have a scuba mask. Goggles just don't do it for me.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
o1lucky132005
Loyal

Post by o1lucky132005 »

I swim with my contacts in. I refused to when i first got them, but now i do it all the time. I think I may actually be legally blind without them and i can't stand not being able to tell who the person 4 feet from me is. I have to be able to check out the hot guys! I don't think i'm supposed to swim with them in, but i haven't had any problems yet. I have rigid gas permeables (hard contacts), not soft, but i know people who swim with soft ones in too. With my contacts, i'm actually allowed to rinse them with tap water, so i'm not too concerned about them getting ruined by water or anything, but i don't know what chlorine would do to them. At afterprom a few months ago i swam for almost 3 hours in a chlorinated pool with no problems, so i've just kept doing it. Haven't lost any yet, so that's good. I just don't open my eyes under water and try not to get water splashed in my eyes too much. Do whatever you're comfortable with, until you lose one or something, lol. Have fun disobeying doctor's orders! (Isn't that the only way to live?) lol.

~Megan~
Sweet dreams!

"It's amazing the things you realize when you lose someone: you get mad at yourself for not saying the things you could've a million times, you take for granted the days spent doing nothing when you could have been with them. Anyone can be taken, at any time in our lives, but we always wait until they're gone to say the things we never had the courage to before." -Unknown
Pariah
Veteran

Post by Pariah »

Jeff are your eyes that bad, that you cant see, like guys abs?
TeenHelp.org

Moderator of: Sex, Pregnancy, Sexuality, Disorders, and Friends/Family.

Mentor for: HelpLink.
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

I remember once my mate, Paul, had a shower at school after Games and he did'nt have his contacts in. He forgot to put them in day and made stupid mistakes like when he was in a rush, he grabbed hold of his mum's hair removal cream, thinking it was his shower gel. Lol, when he got in the shower, he washed himself in the hair removal! < He did'nt come into school the next day, and wore his glasses after that! Lol, the moral to that story is to wear contacts, unless you want to make mistakes. Even when you're not supposed to wear contacts. Just don't wear them when you sleep, I heard that supposed to hurt...It hurt Paul not wearing his contacts when he had a shower lol!
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Originally posted by Pariah@Aug 4 2004, 01:44 AM

Jeff are your eyes that bad, that you cant see, like guys abs?

my eyes are horrible!! i was in the eye-docters seat and he asked me to take out my contacts so i did and he asked me to read the sign and i could only read the big E and the line under it...haha...

but yeah my eyes are really bad...like superly bad! :'(

w/o my contacts or glasses i can't like read street signs until like right as we pass them...haha...

i couldn't live w/o contacts...thus i wanna wear them in the pool...

~Jeff~