College Freshman And Classes

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
SakuraGrl
Loyal

College Freshman And Classes

Post by SakuraGrl »

In about 5 days I will be starting my first day of classes for college. I'm a freshman, btw. My schedule is below. I can't help but freak out because i have the most classes each day than any freshman I know (and I've seen others schedules, it was posted on my college's livejournal community). I suck at time mangement... I really don't know how I am going ot have time for all the things i want to do. Besides these classes, I'll be doing workstudy, I might join the horseback riding team, and anime club. And whats an even bigger prob is I can't drop the courses cause all of them add up to 16 credits (i need 16 pers semester to graduate). I have chem everyday.. the course is known as solid gems, a slower chem class but helps your gpa. I dunno why but two nights ago I broke down crying cause I fear the worst for college (besides that I suck at making new friends- the fact whether I could survive through all these classes and still have free time). It worries me. So I'm not sure what to do anymore? Any advice?

Monday:

- Expository writing 9:50-11:10am

- General Chem 11:30-12:50 .

- Precalc 1 4:30-5:50pm

Tuesday:

- Precalc 1 1:10pm-2:30pm

- General Bio 2:50-4:10pm

- General Chem 4:30-5:50pm

Wednesday:

- General Chem 11:30-12:50pm

- Perspectives 2:50-4:10 pm

- Precalc 4:30-5:50pm

Thursday:

- Expository writing 9:50-11:10 am

- General Bio 2:50-4:10

- Gen Chem 4:30-5:50

Friday:

- Gen Bio 8:10-9:30am; 9:50-11:10am

- Perspectives 11:30-12:50pm

- General Chem 1:10-2:30pm

I assure myself everything is ok!

But who am I fooling?

Then I burst into a spirit of rage.

I have questions, and there are answers.

But I'm afraid and much too weak,

When I try to explain,

I hear I'm hearing wrong and need to be meek.

But this is how I feel, there's no wrong or right,

But as I battle with myself, I always lose the fight
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Re: College Freshman And Classes

Post by Paris In Flames »

Hey,

It's normal for you to be nervous. But don't freak out about it now. Just go in there relaxed and take it day to day.

If you can't finish your homework with all the extra cirricular activities, then don't do them.

But my advice is just to see how the first week goes. Remember that many freshman are reluctant to take that many classes for fear of being overwhelmed. My sister is taking 16 credits while working and she's doing fine. (And she's a moron, lol)

So...just...good luck okay? Don't break down and cry, but go into the classes calm and collected. If you aren't good with time management, then why not see this as a chance to learn how to handle it better? You're becoming an adult, and time management is a sign of maturity and growing up.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
distortedchibi
Loyal

Post by distortedchibi »

That's not too bad :D . Really, I'm being serious. I just graduated college last May. It looks worse than it is. You have a lot of free time between classes to study (or finish papers that you, ahem, forgot to do :P ) You're going to be fine, I promise. Just relax and enjoy college. It really is the best time of your life. Friends will appear out of no where, especially if you join the clubs you want to (which I definitely encourage). Sometimes it's good to read ahead in the syllabus and see what's coming. If you see an assignment that looks like you can start on early, go for it.

*hug*

PM me if you ever need anything

Julie
I have a special place in my heart for all those in pain. I've been there and it's lonely when it feels like no one understands. Wonderful people made this site so that we can talk openly and honestly. Thank you to all of them. If I can help one person through their pain, then my life has been worth it.
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

it looks good.... but dont freak out, i mean, if wost comes to worst cant you drop a class or two and wait??
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
Michie
Veteran

Post by Michie »

It's normal to be nervous for the first year of college...don't worry. I think you will do fine though. It sounds like you do have free time every evening and some afternoons plus wekeends...

see how the first week is and if you can handle the work. How about you take that little time between classes to review and prepare for the class...and then see how much work you need to do in the evenings? Starting a habit of working in between classes can be a good thing...i dunno.

Good luck hun
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

u're schedule it's crazy bad, it's going to be hard taking precalc, bio and chem in one semester u got to study a lot to keep up , but it's do-able, i had similar schedule my first semester ( junior now) and i survived, dont worry too much, stress is insane in college sometimes u got to learn how to gain some perspective, and find time to rest a little too otherwise u wont do as good, if u need to talk i'm here :)

ps. plus college isnt all that bad, u know parties, cute boys and stuff hehe
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come