Bad Habits

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Sam!
Veteran

Bad Habits

Post by Sam! »

My name is Sam, and I have a problem. LOL, first step. I have poor study habits. I don't like to follow my homework through and I can't just sit and do it straight through at all. I procrastinate and often end up not doing it, or not having time to. Any ideas as to how I can fix this...?

THIS IS MY 1,000TH POST. Yay.
-Sam!
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Re: Bad Habits

Post by Paris In Flames »

Hey,

Just force yourself to do it. I know that I don't have the best study habits, and that I was relying on my ability to soak up A LOT of information for short periods of time to keep up with all my classes.

Get a binder for each class. In it, put dividers and a notebook. Make sure everything is properly organized. Color code your books and binders and notebooks according to each class. Make sure you keep a calendar of when assignment are due, and make sure at least every big project is done a week ahead of time.

Study every night.

And...all I can tell you is to just force yourself to do it babe. Set small goals, perhaps. Or something. This a fresh school year, a clean slate. Make the best of it.

Wow...I sound like an insane school freak. Hahaha, woops.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...