Do You Play Piano?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Nikki
Veteran

Do You Play Piano?

Post by Nikki »

hey, does anybody play piano, and can play a song just by hearig it (sorry if I express myself very bad..)

it's just, I have a song I'd like to sing, and it's with guitar, and I dont know how to play guitar. We have a piano at home, and this song would be good with piano too. I just cant figure out the notes and stuff, coz i really suck at music. Is there somebody that could possibly help me?
God kicked in the head so I started a fight, coz I knew I was right! But I learned I was wrong...
Lena
Veteran

Re: Do You Play Piano?

Post by Lena »

yes, i do. i guess the best thing to do is listen to the song and try to fit the main melody with it. once you have got that, experiment with chords to go with it. rely on what you hear, only that. if something doesnt sound right, its not.

if you need more help, pm me and im happy to try and answer any problems you have. x x x
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

Could you find the guitar tablature?

If you can do that, I can transcribe it.
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
Nikki
Veteran

Post by Nikki »

Originally posted by junglemonkey@Aug 28 2004, 09:10 PM

Could you find the guitar tablature?

If you can do that, I can transcribe it.
here's

one of them
God kicked in the head so I started a fight, coz I knew I was right! But I learned I was wrong...
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

My brother played piano when he was younger and I know what really helped him when he got started was having the little paper thing the length of the keyboard with the letter of each key on it above the key.... maybe that would help you with the notes?
-Sam!
Nikki
Veteran

Post by Nikki »

Originally posted by Samz@Aug 28 2004, 10:50 PM

My brother played piano when he was younger and I know what really helped him when he got started was having the little paper thing the length of the keyboard with the letter of each key on it above the key.... maybe that would help you with the notes?
I'm really bad in music, like in REALLY. I dont know notes, I dont play at all, just wanted to sing a song..
Michie
Veteran

Post by Michie »

Kay I'm a little confused. Is it that you want to learn to play the song on guitar and sing it too?

Usually for beginners you just strum the guitar (play all the strings @ once, one hand motion) with one hand while you have the fingers on the other hand in proper position for the note.

Um. I can sometimes learn by ear. It is very difficult I must say . And it takes a long time to learn a song.

If you need any specific help, I might be able to be of service.
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!
Nikki
Veteran

Post by Nikki »

InnocenceLost57
Veteran

Post by InnocenceLost57 »

I can usually do that really well. What song is it? IM/PM/Email me with the song and I can definetely try - ive done that on more than one occasion.
One minute there was road beneath us

The next just sky

Reach up

And let's propose a toast

To the thing that hurts you most

( /)

(O.o) Copy bunny into your signature to help

( <) him achieve world domination

/_|_
Kristina
Veteran

Post by Kristina »

I play piano too. I cant play music just by hearing it either. All I can say is that practice makes perfect
There's always someone cooler than you
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Originally posted by Kristina@Aug 31 2004, 09:33 AM

I play piano too. I cant play music just by hearing it either. All I can say is that practice makes perfect
to be much of a picky bitch

PERFECT practice makes perfect.

practicing incorrectly won't get you anywhere.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
Sovek
Loyal

Post by Sovek »

My suggestion to you, learn how to read sheet music, and if you cant tell the diffrence between a sharp and a natural (Black key and white key next to each other, Sharp would be on the right while flat would be on the left), dont play. If its one thing I learned, you MUST have an ear for music.

If you want to learn more on playing an instrument, stay on the piano and check out the Alfreds Adult Piano course, and Alfreds Basic Adult Theory book. with these books you can teach yourself piano, works for me anyway, 2 months ago I couldnt play, Now Im working on the Moonlight Sonata in C Major :D . Anyways those books will cost you AT most $20 for both. You will also learn how to read sheet music so.
Flush the Johns, Vote republican

<span style=\'color:BLUE\' Ten out of ten terrorist support John F'in Kerry for president

skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

There's a Moonlight Sonata in C major?? I'm learning Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven and that is most definitely not C major :huh:

Are there lots of different Moonlight Sonatas by different composers?
I wish I were a spy.
Sovek
Loyal

Post by Sovek »

http://www.pitt.edu/~deben , this is where you can get the a shortened and full version of the moonlight sonata in C Major. The most popular version is C#minor.
Flush the Johns, Vote republican

<span style=\'color:BLUE\' Ten out of ten terrorist support John F'in Kerry for president

skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

Oh wow, I didn't know it had been transcribed. And I'm crap with key signatures, I can never work them out unless it's a major key, bleh :P

You should learn the original once you get a feel for the other version though. It's beautiful.
I wish I were a spy.
lil_angel_lover
Veteran

Post by lil_angel_lover »

Sheet music is downloadable on line, for piano and guitar, and just about anything you can think of. Type in Downloadable sheet music on google. It'll pull up some sites, check them out and search for your song. Chances are one of them has the sheet music.

I got lots of mario themes this way.

Good luck

If you need to talk to someone I am here. I will keep everything you say confidential.
Nikki
Veteran

Post by Nikki »

The Black Hat
Veteran

Post by The Black Hat »

I play Guitar, Flute, and the Piano. Maybe you'll be able to hear me some time... Im really good... Although all of my music is sad.
Respectfully,

Black Hat