First Day Of School And Friendless...

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Amphiptere
Dedicated

First Day Of School And Friendless...

Post by Amphiptere »

I went to a brand new High School today...I didn't know anybody there even a little bit. I didn't seem to have anything in common with anyone and no one really wanted to talk to me anyways. I'm so scared that people are going to start getting into groups and picking best friends and stuff and I'll be left all by myself with no friends all year...I ate lunch alone today and I'm so lonely :( Is there any better way to find people who have things in common with me? I'm a little shy when it comes to approaching people..
I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to.
wagon_wheel
Loyal

Re: First Day Of School And Friendless...

Post by wagon_wheel »

Maybe join an activity or sport that you enjoy. And about seeming to have nothing in common with everyone else....thats impossible....there has to be someone in that school that likes even a few things that you do. Another thing you could do is look around at other kids who are eating alone or something..... If the school has a cafeteria just go sit down at a table if your really shy and they should start talking to you....
[center] "Hot glassware looks just like cold glassware."

"Love is grand; divorce is a hundred grand."

^~^

=(o.o)=

(")_(")

[/center]
MysticAngelguy
Loyal

Post by MysticAngelguy »

Look. Al you got to do is just complment someone on something and go from their. Just talk to people. It's hard I know. But if you don't it will only get harder. Just got to keep your head up and hopes high. Otherwise you won't make any new friends. All you got to do is open yourself up and not be afraid to do it.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Believe me, every man has his secret sorrows, which the world knows not; and of times we call a man cold when he is only sad.

-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

To dream is to love, to feel true happiness, to see all your hopes and your dreams played out... it's exhilarating. To wake up... it's heartbreaking.

-Scott Kokx

I'm a Bisexual da*n~it.
Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh »

Give it time! It's only the FIRST day- seriously, don't rule everyone out. You don't know them, you could be friends with the most UNLIKELY people, just keep your mind OPEN to everyone and don't have the attitude "There's no one that looks cool" or whatever...

Just be very smiley and outgoing go up to someone who looks nice and say "Hey, I don't really know where I'm going, can I eat lunch with you guys, please?" They can't refuse.

You'll be okay, don't worry. Just be open to everyone.
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

I like what Anna said.

When I came to this college I was so scared. I was like OMG I don't know anyone blah blah blah.. now that I am here I love it.. I seriously made tons of friends. All you have to realize is that everyone is a little bit lost and everything is new and different. Just talk to people.. really when u walk into class talk to the people around you. Walk up to a table with an open seat and be like I'm new and I don't know anyone.. can I sit with you guys. Join a sport.. thats a good way to meet people.

I met this random girl the other day because my lab partner was sitting on the table and he fell off during the lecture and the whole time he was singing this funny song.. so I was walking through the grass just singing the song and some girl just started laughing and there u go.. were friends now.. Things happen don't worry about it you.. will make friends. :hug:
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

omg can i relate to you or what! yea im going to a new school this yr and i know absolutely no one! it sucks. during passing time i jut sit in the classroom alone. so i want u to know that i knwo how u feeland that if u EVER wanna talk im here!
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea