Psychology...

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Psychology...

Post by Toy Soldier »

Well, yesterday I enrolled back at college, but my choice over the lessons I want to continue with are'nt made. See, I got a U in Psychology, mostly because I was ill during the exam whilst we were doing it and I was 6 marks off getting an E, a pass! Anyway, I was hoping to still do the lesson, and drop history, which I don't rteally want to do anymore.

The problem is my psychology teacher says it is better I do history (which I don't want to do anymore) as I got a pass in it. I've tried telling her that I'll do a retest in psychology, but she is still not budging and insists that I do history. I've tried telling her I don't want to do history anymore, but she just said she'll talk it over with my history teachers. I may be daft wanting to do a subject I failed an exam in, but I've been getting D's and C's in practice essays lately, which are quite good.I can see her point, but I still want to do psychology. My dad even said he'll pay for extra tution for psychology if need be.

I'm stuck in a position and I'm worried that because of all this will make the kinda friendship with my psychology teacher fall apart, but I've known people who have done really badly in a subject, then get a really good mark. I know you'll suggest doing what my teacher does, but my marks for A2 psychology practice essays have been really good.

Sorry for whining.
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
Lena
Veteran

Re: Psychology...

Post by Lena »

dont be sorry, its good you asked for advice.

i think if you want to do psychology then you should. do what you want to. you will only regret it otherwise.

could you get your dad to write a note to your teacher backing your point up?

x x x
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

Thanks for replying hun.

I don't know. When I went to the lesson she looked at me and I said 'Mr McNally (deputy headteacher) said I could do this subject!I saw him yesterday and he said so.' Which is true. I mean, Mr McNally suggested I dropped it, but like I've said, I prefer psychology to history, so he suggested I carry on with all 5 of my subjects. Which is stupid, since carrying on with 5 subjects would just lol, kill me! I need to make a choice soon, and I want to do psychology, but shes got another teacher backing her up. The only problem with that is this teacher agreed with me when I said I would rather do psychology as I prefer it and it is one of my fave subjects and that I'm fed up with history. But now shes agreeing with my psychology teacher that I should drop the lesson after agreeing with me!!

If need be, I'd go for extra lessons! I know its hard, seeing that I failed psychology, but Im prepared to take extra lessons to try and boost up my level for January. Ugh, I feel so trapped...

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

ok, well if the headteacher said yes, and you are willingt o put in the effort, i dont see the problem with you doing psychology. i think you should just argue until you get what you want. ask them what harm it would do if you did do psychology?
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
messedup
Needs Another Hobby

Post by messedup »

Is there any way you could take History and then take Psychology another time? If not, I think you should keep pushing at this until you get it. It's college, you're supposed to take the classes you want to take.
Danielle
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

Well, I want to drop History because I'm really fed up with it...I kept trying to ask Mrs Geary (my psychology teacher) but she thinks its better that I dont continue with psychology as her step son also had the same thing, where he did'nt do very well, and he continued with the subject and he still didnt do very well.

If not, I think you should keep pushing at this until you get it.

I want to, I'm just worried. See, I'm quite close to Mrs Geary and I'm worried if I push it, we'll...I dunno. I'm sorry. And the fact I was nearly in tears...

Angel Breaks says:

Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

I was going to see her (my psychology teacher) today at dinner. But I think she left college before then. Damnit! I was going to actually see whether she was in her room so i could talk to her but when I entered the building which her room is in, I felt really panicky and it was that bad I thought I was going to have a panic attack, so I didnt go to see whether she was in or not. I was still shaking when I went to my Ethics class in the same building!

You know what annoys me most of all? She trying to persuade me from taking psychology, yet a boy in my class got a U and hes still allowed to go ahead. Apparently he answered the wrong question, but still, he got a U at the end of the day. Why is she being so unfair? I thought we were quite close in a teacher-student kind of way, but I feel soo confused.

Angel Breaks says: