Sophmore Year

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
sweethelp
Veteran

Sophmore Year

Post by sweethelp »

between school and work and clubs and my play this years going to be so damn miserable! im not looking forward to being a sophmore! my lockers in the basement where i have NO classes near it and my bus is on the other side of the school. plus ive got so many regents exams this year, i only have 2 classes with a friend in it. god im going to be so miserable. ive got school monday-friday work on saturday from 7am-3pm and church on sundays! damnit! im going to be so miserable this year! grrrr! kill me now!

~~Kimmy~~
She's so big hearted

but not so remarkable

just an ordinary humble girl

expecting nothing as we may

to think it's a pretty person's worth

you are beautiful

and you'd better go show it

so go and look again

you gotta be true only if you really wanna go to the top and you really wanna win

don't believe in living normal

just to satisfy demand

Well, if you wanna get free

and if wanna get smart by the sake of your heart

you should own your lame and stand up tall

:)
faith
Veteran

Re: Sophmore Year

Post by faith »

wow yea u will be busy but look at it in the positive way. and that is that u will be able to stay out of trouble. u know what i mean? like there wont be alot of extra time to do negative stuff to urself etc. idk maybe it will be good
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
dragonangel(ash)
Loyal

Post by dragonangel(ash) »

Wow, I know wha tyou mean, I have to be at school at 5:30am-4:30pm (cause of drill pratice and reg. school), then I have work, then on saturdays I go for rotc work days at the school from 6:30am-1:00pm and then I go to drill meets, colorguards, meetings, clubs, I have 258+ cadets under me and also staff to take care of and this is my senior year. But you know something.... no matter how much you have on your plate... try to be calm and organized... if not your going ot be stressed and worn out and upset. Make sure you have some time for yourself and with oyu being in classes with not many people you know, well jump up and walk around and start talking to some students... you might be shy at first but what if they are also shy an scared to talk. Hey I met one of my good friends by just walking up and asking what classes they had and what do they do for fun. Its the beggining of the year and things might seem a lot now, but if you come up with a plan where you still have "you" time, then your going to do fine.
we are offered many paths in our lifes that can lead us sometimes to happyness .....but to get there, we must go not stand and wait for someone to take it for us.

bird go poof, goblin go splat!!!!!!

http://www.chat.webrpg.com
alnieve
Veteran

Post by alnieve »

I so know how you feel. But there are ways to deal with it. It sounds like with all the activities you've got you'll be able to spend alot of time with people that could be potential friends, ya know? You've just got to get up and talk to them, even if it is just small talk at first.

At times it all may be stressful, but if you think about it, would you really want to quit any of the things that you are doing? I think that the experiences that you'll get are going to be so much more valuable than the times that you had when you were a little bit stressed out or something.

And I know how you feel with the locker thing. Every one of my classes is upstairs, and my locker is downstairs. So I get to carry all of my books...lol it can be quite heavy, but it's not that big of a deal once you get used to it.

Hang in there and don't get too stressed :)

Much Love,

alnieve
[CENTER]She would change everything[/CENTER]

[CENTER]for happy ever after.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Caught in the in-between,[/CENTER]

[CENTER]a beautiful disaster."http://asnowy.deviantart.com/gallery/"[/CENTER]
sweethelp
Veteran

Post by sweethelp »

damnit its only the 2nd day and im already miserable! my locker wont open and im being blamed about it. pictures are tomorrow and im being forced to wear a shirt i dont want to wear. im already having a shitty time with the homework. i already almost got into a fight with my mom, friends are already annoying me damnit this years going to be great! (note the sarcasm)

~~Kimmy~~
She's so big hearted

but not so remarkable

just an ordinary humble girl

expecting nothing as we may

to think it's a pretty person's worth

you are beautiful

and you'd better go show it

so go and look again

you gotta be true only if you really wanna go to the top and you really wanna win

don't believe in living normal

just to satisfy demand

Well, if you wanna get free

and if wanna get smart by the sake of your heart

you should own your lame and stand up tall

:)
messedup
Needs Another Hobby

Post by messedup »

What kind of clubs are you in? Are there any that you could drop for now? Atleast drop a few things so it'll take some stress off you.
Danielle
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

I'm a sophomore too.. and you know what... I was overwhelmed. Drop things out of your schedule, and make your classload easier if you can. It will make you feel a whole lot better. The locker is just a nasty coincidence..
-Sam!
Breathe_In_For_Luck7
Veteran

Post by Breathe_In_For_Luck7 »

Kimmy: Know how many Regents I have to take this year? 5

U.S. History, Chemistry, Math, German, and English. And English is a 2 day, 6 hour test. At least you don't have to do that. But I totally understand how you feel! And I understand that as stressed as you are, you probably don't want to drop anything.

Maybe you can see if you can at least get your locker changed.
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

You'll make friends, just start like, talking to people.

You'll do fine. Don't stress it, or I'll start naming all the shit I'm in this year. :P

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
Memphis38128
Loyal

Post by Memphis38128 »

I am in 10th grade and so far it isn't so bad,but later on in the year it might!
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

-Sam!
Breathe_In_For_Luck7
Veteran

Post by Breathe_In_For_Luck7 »

*sigh* I try. I'm just saying, if she thinks this year is bad, wait til next. I'm such a downer.