Psychology?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
InnocenceLost57
Veteran

Psychology?

Post by InnocenceLost57 »

Welll this year in school I'm taking AP psychology. I don't really knoww hat to expect, but I hope it'll help me with stuff like I encounter on this site and also in my own personal stuff....and I wanna be a shrink when I get older too. ^_^ but i dno what to expect, really....anyone taken psychology before, or just any AP class really? i know theres a big exam, but does anyone take it this year as well, and maybe wanted to study together on IM or somethin? lol thx....
One minute there was road beneath us

The next just sky

Reach up

And let's propose a toast

To the thing that hurts you most

( /)

(O.o) Copy bunny into your signature to help

( <) him achieve world domination

/_|_
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Re: Psychology?

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

I took AP psyc when I was a senior.. and it was hard but I had a really good teacher. Just try to relate what u learn to real life.
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
Niox
Loyal

Post by Niox »

I'm actually taking psychology this year, I find it very interested, we learend about the different schools of thoughts, the quizes/tests are just really hard :(
MY: Site -=- Forum
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

I took AP Psych last year as a senior in HS. It really wasn't that challenging for me. There are some difficult concepts. It's one of those classes where either you get it or you don't. But, it does help with problems that people have, not only on here, but in the rest of the world. It really helps you understand many things that people are going through and it helps you help them.

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

I'm taking Higher Psychology this year and damn is it an amazing class. It's so damn interesting. All the schools of thought are really cool and you do stuff like memory and mental illness. I think it's great.

The only drawback is when the teacher talks about a mental illness you have and you have to sit there and listen to everyone discuss it :rolleyes:
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

Originally posted by junglemonkey@Sep 14 2004, 05:41 PM

I'm taking Higher Psychology this year and damn is it an amazing class. It's so damn interesting. All the schools of thought are really cool and you do stuff like memory and mental illness. I think it's great.

The only drawback is when the teacher talks about a mental illness you have and you have to sit there and listen to everyone discuss it :rolleyes:
I did the same thing! :D Mental illness, memory, stress, abnormality (mental illness comes under this title I think..), conformity.. yeah those are the only ones I can remember. I did enjoy it though. Just so many names to learn and f*cking 'key studies'. Argh they got on my nerves. But I learnt absolutely everything for the exam =P Heh heh.

I think nearly everyone is interested in psychology because.. it applies so directly to real life. It's so personal, in a way.
I wish I were a spy.
InnocenceLost57
Veteran

Post by InnocenceLost57 »

Lol yeah it really is. And the teacher seems really cool, if a bit nutty. *cough* but aside from that, i think the class will be fun, though i do hear it is hard. Any tips for remembering anything, or what i need to know for the exam in general, or anything like that?
One minute there was road beneath us

The next just sky

Reach up

And let's propose a toast

To the thing that hurts you most

( /)

(O.o) Copy bunny into your signature to help

( <) him achieve world domination

/_|_
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

Originally posted by love_in_a_box+Sep 14 2004, 05:53 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (love_in_a_box @ Sep 14 2004, 05:53 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-junglemonkey@Sep 14 2004, 05:41 PM

I did the same thing! :D Mental illness, memory, stress, abnormality (mental illness comes under this title I think..), conformity.. yeah those are the only ones I can remember. I did enjoy it though. Just so many names to learn and f*cking 'key studies'. Argh they got on my nerves. But I learnt absolutely everything for the exam =P Heh heh.

I think nearly everyone is interested in psychology because.. it applies so directly to real life. It's so personal, in a way.[/b][/quote]

Did you seriously do the Scottish Higher?! Or are you talking about AS/A2?

Myspace
rogueangel
Loyal

Post by rogueangel »

I took psychology last year... I found it SO hard....

Doug is right, you either get it or you don't...

It is a really interesting subject though :)

Take Care, Sam x
skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

Originally posted by junglemonkey+Sep 15 2004, 05:19 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (junglemonkey @ Sep 15 2004, 05:19 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by love_in_a_box@Sep 14 2004, 05:53 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-junglemonkey
@Sep 14 2004, 05:41 PM

I think nearly everyone is interested in psychology because.. it applies so directly to real life. It's so personal, in a way.

Did you seriously do the Scottish Higher?! Or are you talking about AS/A2?[/b][/quote]

Oh... :huh: Yeah I've done AS, doing A2 now. It sounded like the same thing as you did.. heh.
I wish I were a spy.
Breathe_In_For_Luck7
Veteran

Post by Breathe_In_For_Luck7 »

I'm taking it next year. We're not allowed to take it until 12th grade at my school.
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

Originally posted by love_in_a_box+Sep 15 2004, 08:12 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (love_in_a_box @ Sep 15 2004, 08:12 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by junglemonkey@Sep 15 2004, 05:19 PM

Oh... :huh: Yeah I've done AS, doing A2 now. It sounded like the same thing as you did.. heh.[/b][/quote]

Ah right np, I was just shocked since English schools have absolutely no respect for Scottish Qualifications :P But yeah the course sounds really similar. You get loads of exam revision tips in the memory topic lol ;)

Myspace
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

Originally posted by love_in_a_box+Sep 15 2004, 02:12 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (love_in_a_box @ Sep 15 2004, 02:12 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by junglemonkey@Sep 15 2004, 05:19 PM

Oh... :huh: Yeah I've done AS, doing A2 now. It sounded like the same thing as you did.. heh.[/b][/quote]

ive just started the AS course. its a really good course. i love the subject. the teachers are good (one is a bit weird though......hmmm), and i got an A for the first homework. yay!
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

I did AS Pyschology and I enjoyed it. But like Doug said, you either get it or don't as its such a wierd subject. Have fun!
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
Nympheas
Loyal

Post by Nympheas »

My friend suffered a nervous breakdown doing AS psychology. Oh the irony... what learning the ins and outs of stress and depression can do to you...
<span style=\'font-family:TAHOMA\'"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.

"So it is."

"And freezing."

"Is it?"

"Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

Myspace